cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VII Problem with Windows 7 (?_?)

Goldbergsdragon
Level 7
Hi all

I just upgraded from the Hero VI to the VII set it all up and tried to go into my windows 7 Ultimate 64bit when all of a sudden I find that my mouse and keyboard won't do anything. Yet they were fine when running through the bios, so I went to my other windows, windows 8 Pro 64bit. After the update of the drivers which it does, both my mouse and keyboard were working fine.

I have tried all the USB ports front and back, even changed usb settings within the bios, still won't work. I have also tried to reload windows from scratch, boots the disc but then the mouse and keyboard stop doing anything.

Anyone else had this??? Or similar??? Or even any clue to what could be the issue???
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Does this happen with all the USB ports or only the USB3 ports?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi this happens with all the USB ports, It is as if it turns them all off when it feels like. Any possible power settings within the bios I might be missing??? Thanks in advance.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Disable Fast Boot in the boot tab, that *should* solve your issue

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip, let us know how it goes.

Repped you Mike.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Goldbergsdragon
Level 7
Sorry for the late response it has been hectic for me of late, I will try disabling fast boot and let you know if it solves the issue ASAP 🙂 I have noticed that it happens when I go into windows 8 and then back to windows 7, so I'm wondering if it's some sort of power function between windows 8 and the Hero VII. Either way I will let you know about the fast boot first 🙂