cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome Malware Warning Again ???

chrsplmr
Level 18
This made me stop using Chrome for a bit because of this before. Now IE is useless on the forum ((I could of stopped at useless eh?)) I received this while visiting "New Members" Thread a few minutes ago ... worrisome or b.s. ???
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Will forward this on, I have used chrome exclusively for the last 4 years now and have yet to see this for ASUS ROG site.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I just switched to Chrome from Firefox on this older laptop I've had for years, with no issues, but I downloaded Chrome on my work PC a few weeks ago and it got infected with Malware. I'm 99.5% sure it came from the Chrome download, directly on Google's site. It was the only software I had downloaded in months.
i7-4790K, Z97-WS, EVGA GTX 780Ti S.C., 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 1866MHz CL8, CM Nepton 140XL, EVGA SuperNova 1000 G2, Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Win 8.1(x64), Asus PB-278Q (2560x1440p), Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Tripp-Lite LC1200 AVR. Build Images.

Bored & looking for the next project ... 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have reported this on to the engineers and have found that some of the pages that get picked up are in fact pages with images that are hot linked to other sites with malware. It is for this very reason that ASUS requests that uses please upload all images to the ASUS server.

Sadly not all are willing to do that and would rather just hot link.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.