cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to keep Gaming Laptop Cool?

Torpedo499
Level 7
Hello,

I was just wondering some easy ways to keep my temperature down on my Asus ROG G750JW without breaking the bank, it isn't overheating, but I love seeing a lower temperature and I'm interested in ways that I can without performance loss.

I already plan on undervolting my CPU in the future.

Anything else I can do?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Torpedo499
Level 7
Also, please no ghetto ways such as putting bottle caps under the laptop!

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I use a laptop riser for my G55vw. It doesn't affect cooling DIRECTLY; but, it does cut down on the heat stored below the laptop, and so I've noticed slightly lower CPU temps (2 or 3 degrees) and GPU temps (5 to 7 degrees) during operation.

Z

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
I use a laptop riser for my G55vw. It doesn't affect cooling DIRECTLY; but, it does cut down on the heat stored below the laptop, and so I've noticed slightly lower CPU temps (2 or 3 degrees) and GPU temps (5 to 7 degrees) during operation.

Z

Sounds great! Could you link the riser please?

Maxter
Level 9
The laptop is great at hovering around 45 (idle). Just keep it on a flat surface and at least 6 inches from the wall on the back. Laptop was really well designed to keep cool. Nothing you really need to do for the G750 series... My old G1S used to hover around 75. 45 is desktop cool.