cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base Issues...

Goldbergsdragon
Level 7
Hi all, I have the Asus ROG Front Base and it has the sticker on the back so I need to update the firmware before I can use it with my Asus Maximus Hero VII, however I just can't get it to complete the firmware update. I have attached a picture with the error I am getting

4 REPLIES 4

darren_midgley
Level 7
i had the same problem yest setting up on my ranger board . same message of fw update had another look on here for a solution couldnt really find anything so decided to give up. went to the start menu asus folder removed the front base driver. did a reboot and it started working. no clue how or why.

Goldbergsdragon
Level 7
Very strange, I will give that a go as well. I tried it on the Hero VI and it worked no problem so it's just the Hero VII that's an issue again. When messing around with it I do wish you had more control when within the OS.

Hi, I have the same problem. First I have MB Maximus Hero VII (with BIOS 1002 (releast in july)). Rog Front Base with V40 sticker. Intalled the latest
software, drivers and utilities. My problem is sound quality from 3,5 header jack from Rog Front Base with a buzzing sound (when im scrolling with mouse the buzzing sound is louder) and also when I press the OC key the system is freezes. So I flash the firmware into Rog Front base (according giude) with the latest driver (ROG Front Base Driver V1.01.06). During flashing the tool has an error occurred (Front Base - ICP_Mode Init Failed, Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array). Can you help me with this problem.

Also on VII Hero with same audio issues. Hissing/electronic noise from when using headphones in the panel. Nothing if I connect direct to motherboard. Also I seem to have changed L/R sound from the panel when doing the audiocheck. Left channel is in right ear. Same here, correct on motherboard so something is very wrong with the panel. Have updated my motherboard bios (1107 I think, came a few days ago) to latest and also installed the Front Panel drivers from asus website just to be sure. Any ideas and do asus check this board often?

The audio problem is a big let down since I bought the panel in hope to have easier access to headphones input and a nice overview but it's completely unusable now. And the left/right problems seems severe since you really can't put the cables anywhere but the correct way.

Sure the panel is new and the motherboard is brand new (maybe a lot of bugs?) but when you even can't use what you paid for it's really annoying 😞

Also the front panel don't work very well with my Corsair 550D. Also a big wth situation. You can use one screw on the right side for the panel but the left side is occupied with toolless grips so no screws work there and the panel is to short to really fit. It kind of work but it sits very loose and if you press it a little to hard it all comes loose. This should be entered in the manual or something to avoid future buyers.

Please post your findings on working drivers/solutions.