cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBChargerPlus error after error after error

solarwinggx
Level 7
so i updated all my drivers and now this thing pops up, when will the errors end?
yes i have the latest version
yes i restarted
yes i installed it again
yes i uninstalled it and then installed it again
what next?
10 REPLIES 10

hmscott
Level 12
solarwinggx wrote:
so i updated all my drivers and now this thing pops up, when will the errors end?
yes i have the latest version
yes i restarted
yes i installed it again
yes i uninstalled it and then installed it again
what next?

solarwinggx, the hint is in the error 🙂

You need to enable "Asus USB Charger+ in battery mode" in the BIOS Advanced tab, like this:

solarwinggx
Level 7
did that enabling thing, same error

solarwinggx wrote:
did that enabling thing, same error

After enabling in BIOS you might need to uninstall and reinstall USBCharger+, and before you do that, what version are you installing? And, reboot in between, and after install 🙂

The latest version is 3.1.8, found in the G750JM download area - the newest Windows 8.1 drivers for G750's are there:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win8.1/USBChargerPlus/USBChargerPlus_Win81_64_VER318.zi...

yes, it is 3.1.8
yes i tried reinstalling it after i started the bios
no the error didnt go away

solarwinggx wrote:
yes, it is 3.1.8

solarwinggx, installing the new version after enabling in BIOS should have solved that error...

Have you tried bringing up the USB Charger+ app and changing / saving new settings, reboot and see if that fixes it? It is complaining about not being able to connect to the BIOS and apply settings - either the settings are bad coming from Windows, or the BIOS settings are corrupt and not changing.

You could also boot into the BIOS, and go to the exit tab and "Set Defaults", which will reset all the BIOS settings to Defaults, then restart back in to the BIOS and make your settings again, Save, and boot again and see if that solved it.

After that, if you still have the problem, I am going to send you on to Asus Technical support for additional debugging or RMA. Create a user account here, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry listing what the problem is, what you tried in detail, and let us know how it works out for your problem:
http://vip.asus.com

solarwinggx
Level 7
yes, it is 3.1.8

solarwinggx
Level 7
this is what i did
in order
I noticed the error
I went to ROG forums
I read what you wrote
I changed the bios setting
I uninstalled the USB 3.1.8 version via control panel
I restarted
I installed the USB 3.1.8 version via the zip file
I restarted
I am in shock cause the errors still there

solarwinggx wrote:
this is what i did
in order
I noticed the error
I went to ROG forums
I read what you wrote
I changed the bios setting
I uninstalled the USB 3.1.8 version via control panel
I restarted
I installed the USB 3.1.8 version via the zip file
I restarted
I am in shock cause the errors still there

If you feel you have no further recourse, things to try, then go ahead and file a Technical Inquiry and have Asus help resolve this for you.

The will likely suggest you do a recovery restore, but that would suck, because even if it works, you will need to do all the Windows updates / upgrades / updates again, and you might end up at the same place...

Good luck, sorry we couldn't help.

I know this is an OLD thread, and you probably either got it fixed, or got a new laptop, it is that old.

But I had the same problem after my brand new laptop went to **** within one week of buying it. Mine was happening from the moment I installed it, when I was trying to find all the programs that should have been installed by Asus from day one. I had trouble until someone on here gave me a good link to all the drivers/utilities for my laptop.

When I removed all the old drivers, programs and started a fresh top to bottom install of ALL drivers/untilities, I had the same issue again. After I installed the proper ATK package, and reinstalled the USB charger driver, it was fixed. Have not seen that error again, so maybe you need to update/fix your ATK driver, and reinstall the USB driver after. Hope that helps, Stalker6Recon