i have run x264 for about 5 hours and it bsod after 5 hours and 30 mins

here is my bsod log

my oc settings are:

44x multiplier

auto for all settings except

manual voltage set to 1.305

eventual voltage : 1.900

voltage cache to : 1.3 v

i dont know what causing the bsod...can someone give me some direction on what to do next, temp is not an issue maxing only to 81 celcius

my specs are:

4770k cooler corsair h105 with 2 sp 120 fans
asus maximus vii hero
Crucial 8 gb ram tactical tracer
Corsair Tx750
2 hdd 500 gb
Xfx r9 290x cooler nzxt g10 and antec 920
case Corsair 540r
68 REPLIES 68

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi maynard14 🙂

0x124 is often lack of vcore so maybe have to drop multi or increase vcore a bit if you have headroom with temperatures. But really I would say 80 degrees is already toasty and where you want to stop.

0x124 can also be lack of VCCSA sometimes...

maynard14
Level 7
hi sir but where can i find the vccsa option on the vii hero bios? i cant seem to find it, sorry sir for being noob, 🙂

i see, i will try 4.3ghz then i only use this pc for gaming only, so i think 4.3 vs 4.4 is not an issue for most games right?

i already tried last week 4.3 ghz at 1.25 vcore volts and it is pretty stable and max load temp i got i think is 77 c

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Heh 😄 no one has to apologise for being a "noob" on ROG or we'd all be saying sorry for one thing or another all the time and we'd get no Ocing done...asking questions is what it's all about!

Anyway...my fault...I think VCCSA is called CPU system agent voltage in that BIOS....but as I say Vcore is the more likely candidate...

Honestly, for gaming 4.3 or 4.4 will be great and if you can do 4.3 at lower temps, lower voltage and stable I'd say that was a good OC to stick at. Often the CPU itself will tell you where its sweet spot is.

maynard14
Level 7
thank you again sir. your very kind... i see.. i can see system agent voltage....yes sir im new to asus motherboard but im really happy with the board and its worth the price and it looks really great. i will try to stress test later. i will be using rog stress tester. i hope it is stable at 4.3 ghz

Tokens210
Level 10
He Arne has got you covered, as he said as well the CPU especially 4770k's are a lottery, some good, some bad, some how this get thru testing bad lol

If you get it somewhere your happy with rock it out if not you can do what I plan to do and watch the launch of the 4770ks kinda replacement the 4790k

Stock I believe the 4790k is to be 4.0 with a 4.4 turbo boost, I was like damn lol this thing stock is almost running my 4770k's max
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yep, ROG Realbench is a good all round stress test; will give the whole system a good workout.

Yeah the 4790 is coming soon and is certainly clocked high at stock...but from reviews so far seems they have used most of the headroom up in the stock configuration...doesn't seem to clock much higher than a 4770 at the top end...but I guess we have to wait and see...certainly the 4770 is still a capable CPU!:D

Are you running XMP with the RAM maynard14? what value is that setting for system agent voltage? Also somewhere in the digi+ section you could try setting CPU current capability to 130 or 140%? if you wanted to try and get 4.4 stable. They are great boards... just take a while to set up with all the options they have...but it's fun playing about with settings!

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yep, ROG Realbench is a good all round stress test; will give the whole system a good workout.

Yeah the 4790 is coming soon and is certainly clocked high at stock...but from reviews so far seems they have used most of the headroom up in the stock configuration...doesn't seem to clock much higher than a 4770 at the top end...but I guess we have to wait and see...certainly the 4770 is still a capable CPU!:D

Are you running XMP with the RAM maynard14? what value is that setting for system agent voltage? Also somewhere in the digi+ section you could try setting CPU current capability to 130 or 140%? if you wanted to try and get 4.4 stable. They are great boards... just take a while to set up with all the options they have...but it's fun playing about with settings!

Oh yes 4770k deff. a good chip in general, Ive been reframing from looking at early looks of the 4790k lol I wanna wait till release and user get there hands on it lol get some actual reviews then

My only issue with my personal 4770k is how much voltage it needs to be stable over 4.0, anything 4.0 - 4.5 need at least 1.4v to run, 4.5 with cache of 4.5 or anything higher needs more then 1.55 which I'm just not comfortable entering lol especially since I only have a closed loop cooler, even tho I really really like this swiftech cooler lol it may be the processor itself or the cooler but at 4.5 all cores 4.4 min/max cache at 1.45v or 1.48v the cooler keeps me at 30-38c idle and usually 60-70something under load

That's the main reason i m gonna look at a 4790k, since rumors of going back to solder and making tweaks im hoping I can benefit from the higher stock clock which would be at a lower voltage which would then equal less heat and all these could potentially equal longer life
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Tokens210 wrote:
I wanna wait till release and user get there hands on it lol get some actual reviews then

Yes, very wise real world is real world!

Hmm and sure...seems like a good move for you to get a 4790 if your 4770 needs that much voltage to OC...the CPU lottery can be unkind. High volts for an overclocker and somewhere there is a granny checking emails on a golden CPU at stock speed :eek:

HiVizMan
Level 40
Where are we in the resolution of the 0124 issue.

Vcore or VCSSA without doubt.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.