cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parity Error

edgar_aracena
Level 7
Greetings.
about a year and couple of months I started a project to put together a one pc, buying pieces one by one until this year ends, after a few months using the pc, i get a blue screen saying that the system has hallted and etc. when the reboot tells me parity error, I'm actually a little desperate I have not been able to use the pc all, I tested the memory and Graffic Card on other machines and I have run programs to see if there is any error but not I say nothing, I updated the bios, I've tried moving the peripherals (hard disk, fan, etc.) and the problem persists, and really that is not what is bad.
appreciate any help you can offer me or help me to determine which of the peripherals is that this bad.

Spec:
MotherBoard:
Crosshair v formula
Rev. 1
Bios Rev 1703

Graffic Card
Sapphire Radeon HD6950
100312-3L

Prossesor:
Amd FX-8150 8-core
FD8150FRGUBOX

Memory:
G.Skill Sniper Series
F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
14 REPLIES 14

MeanMachine
Level 13
Parity checks are the simplest form of error detection code and are techniques that enable reliable delivery of digital data over unreliable communication channels.
A Parity error can occur from many sources including faulty HDD,MB,GPU,Raid setup or Memory module.

From what we know so far from your description your system has been running OK then suddenly you get a BSOD. Are you able to get into your OS via Safe Mode and are all your drivers up to date?

What we need to do is establish exactly where and when the error is occurring and for that we need more information, so lets start.

What HDD or SSD are you using?.
What OS?
Your PSU?
Have you obtained any logs, mini dumps etc?.
What cools your system CPU?
Have you tested your DIMMs with Memtest86. ?

Testing you DIMMs and GPU on another machine will not necessarily determine that a parity error should not occur on your machine and it could be related to a failing PSU, MB component or settings in your Bios, When did you last update or make changes in your Bios?

Can't think of anything else at the moment but when you report back other ROGers will come on I'm sure, with more questions and suggestions to determine your exact problem.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please include in your information requested the bios version you are using and if your bios settings are default or if you have made any changes to the bios what so ever.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

edgar_aracena
Level 7
Well Im using the overclocking default setting
Bios rev is 1703
My hdd is a san disk Solid stated 120 gb
OS Windows 7 64bit
Cpu cooling system is a h60 and the temp are between 15-45 Celsius
I dont get what PSU means. And about the memory the pc dont get into the OS so i cant test from it

edgar_aracena
Level 7
PSU is a corsair tx 850

edgar_aracena
Level 7
look this is what came out when I pass the program, if anyone knows what that means numbers and I can do in this case would be great

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would suggest that you follow the guide in my sig and start with the first step. It may be a single stick of memory or a single slot. If you are willing to follow the entire guide you will have pinpointed exactly where the issue is located.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

edgar_aracena
Level 7
I'm running the program again but I put the 1.5 memory voltage in the bios because it was 1.39 and journey so far has not given me problems going to wait until the process ends

edgar_aracena
Level 7
i did the test over and over no error in the memory but the parity error continue :mad:

quote : I did the test over and over no error in the memory but the parity error continue.

[Sniper] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
DDR3-1866 (PC3-14900)
8GB (4GBx2)
CL9-10-9-28
1.5 Volts

These are your Dimms and your pic indicates you are testing both Dimms with 2 slots occupied. Test one at a time.
First set default values in the Bios. Manual settings to CL9-10-9-28
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]