cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fanxpert 2 reading problems?

ChecKJaM
Level 7
Hi,

I just started overclocking some on my fairly new rig. Im not an expert by any means and just google some guides.
I found one guide by a asus representive and now Im trying the settings of 1.4 vcore and 4.3ghz cpu. my system is:
asus x79 deluxe
intel i7 4930k
32gb ram 1600mhz 8-8-8-24
asus 290 DCUII
cpu fan: noctua NH-D14
win7 x64

I have tried asus 4way optimization a month ago but mind system was crashing every now and then and the AIsuite3 program also crashed very often. So now Im just using the program to control fans since I dont have PWM fans for my 4 chassifans (and dont know any other way of controlling them).

Im running bunch of stability tests now and I notice 3 things.

1. when on max load the CPU fan OPT is at 0rpm at all times while all other fans are maxxed. My noctua cpu fan has 2 fans with PWM both connected to CPU fan and CPU fan OPT on the motherboard.
when Im not in fulload my cpu fan OPT is showing numbers close to my cpu fan rpm. so its working but in full load it goes to zero at all times..

2. the temp posted by aisuite3 is after 1h prime95 70 degrees. Aida64 says the same for the "cpu" group but invdiviual cores are meausered between 70 and 82 degrees (a big flucation between the cores??).
now OCCT says 80 degrees total but one core is at 80 and another at 70 and one at 75..
RealTEMP says 70-80 on the different cores
Is it normal to have around 10 degrees different on one core compared to another during a fullstress test for a an hour? Also which of these temp-readers can be relied upon the most..?

3. for exhaust (one in the back at the CPU and one in the top) I use the same noctua fans connected to cha_Fan 1 and 2. However one of these is very weird in fanxpert2. It can basically only be turned off completly at some degree or set to like 600 rpm at minimum. This is very annoying as every other fan can be set to be really quite in idle, this fan has to be turned of to be quit. Its minimum operating point is at a loud stage so my system can never be quite... Malfunctioned fan?

Thanks for the feedback guys!
1 REPLY 1

ChecKJaM
Level 7
well..
Not so much support here I guess...

Last try maybe for one quick question..
Can anyone help me with why my AIsuite3.exe keeps crashing every now and then randomly. I just open the program up again then maybe within 1-2 hours or sometimes sooner or later, it just randomly crashes.

I have found some logs I guess in event viewer of win7 but not sure at all what to do with them or where to post them.. some kernel error.