cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75JS-T4008H Charging Issue

Alcyone
Level 7
When I plug the charger into the laptop nothing happens. I have to unplug the adapter from the wall socket and plug it back into the wall socket for it to start charging the laptop battery. Brand new unit and charger. Is this faulty?
I have turned the laptop off, removed the battery, plugged the charger in to power the laptop directly and nothing happens. Same thing, I have to remove the charger from the wall socket and plug it back into the wall socket to power up the laptop.
I've tried this when the battery is at 100%/75%/50%/25%/5% charge...always the same thing.
The laptop charger model is ADP-180MB F / Output 19.5V @ 9.23A.
9 REPLIES 9

sasuke256
Level 7
shut down the machine, then remove the batt and keep pushing power for 30 seconds, wait a little and then replug the charger and boot the machine, then put the battery in..
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

ivo1st
Level 7
I have similar symptoms. I did notice that this happens when your adapter is plugged in the socket without any load. So I think this is some power saving feature of the charger. It turns itself off when idle. I think this is also good for the charger, because it is not good for impulse power supply or charger to stay without load. So, disconnect it from the socket and reconnect. It will turn on.

And do not forgert - It's not a bug, It's a feature! 😄

ivo1st wrote:
I have similar symptoms. I did notice that this happens when your adapter is plugged in the socket without any load. So I think this is some power saving feature of the charger. It turns itself off when idle. I think this is also good for the charger, because it is not good for impulse power supply or charger to stay without load. So, disconnect it from the socket and reconnect. It will turn on.
And do not forgert - It's not a bug, It's a feature! 😄

ivo1st, good job man, you are the first one to identify the real benefit of the new Asus power adapter - it is no longer a power parasite - drawing power and expelling waste heat while sitting idle waiting for your next plug-in of the laptop.

The way to optimize these power saving adapters, is to plug them all into a switched power strip - and turn them all off when you leave with the flip of 1 switch. Then when you come back, flip the switch on - and all the power adapters are ready to deliver power - no unplugging / plugging back in of the power adapter to AC by hand.

It's a feature I wish Asus had pointed out, perhaps even labeled on the Power Adapter - I wish my G750JH 230W adapter did this, but I turn off the power strip anyway - same effect.

This change forces everyone to stop wasting power brick idle power.

I agree that ASUS should have written this somewhere in the documentation. The other thing is if you look at the back of the adapter where the specifications are, you might notice the bunch of standards that are met. I am pretty sure if we can find what each of the standards cover, we will understand why the adapter shuts itself off when no load is attached.

jOENAS
Level 7
Hi, I have got exacly same problem, anypne know what can I do? I really cant believe this is just a feature to save energy and keep power supply cool. It make me very annoying when I always need to unplug and plug power supply back. I woul like to say that time between unplug in plug in again should be minimum 40 seconds, for less doesnt work! If I unplug charger direct from laptop (during charging), even for a second, then I need to do un-plug > plugitback process again. It cant be feature because for long time everything work good.

Two months since last post without respond, 2 weeks ago my charger stopped working at all.......
Never dropped it or anything and it looks like I can just put it in to the bin.
I couldnt find any advices on internet

MaxCioco
Level 7
After you unplug it's normal to still work for a while (mine works for like 1 min or so).
But if it stops right away/not at all, it's very likely that it's not ok.
If you had some knowledge on how it works it wouldn't be that hard to fix it, as parts are cheap. - if your still covered by warranty send it to asus. No need to bother with anything.

Thanks for answer, Warranty is expired so I'll try to fix it on my own. Which part most likely needs replacement? Capacitors? Any advice how to open charger? It looks massive and very tough.

Amenophis
Level 10
Are you still waiting for a reply to your query Joenas?