cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My motherboard has slow boot cause of Boot code A2 - IDE detect.

m0nk3n
Level 7
when i start up my machine it has the boot led motherboard code A2 which is IDE detect. although i disabled SATA in BIOS. and it boots alot faster than before when it had 5+ minutes of getting from pre POST to windows login screen. but when i disabled SATA in bios it went maybe 10 ~15 seconds to boot.
is this dangerous? (to disable SATA!?)

can i do anything in device management to get rid of this error code? uninstall or reinstall stuff? cause i want it generally to be on AHCI mode since i dont use raid.
3 REPLIES 3

m0nk3n
Level 7
i mean; this is weird. i just reseated some sata cables in different ports and the boot went under 20 seconds and all hard drives and even my blue ray player works.

no point in having fast boot with ssd's :S

m0nk3n wrote:
i mean; this is weird. i just reseated some sata cables in different ports and the boot went under 20 seconds and all hard drives and even my blue ray player works.

A defective or poorly fitted cable will cause the BOOT process to hang as it tries to resolve the hard drive issue.

Good to hear you are sorted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.