cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 4k PB287Q Black Screen Issue

SkarpRog
Level 7
Hello, have odd issue with monitor after shutdown pc next time I power on screen stays black on screen buttons not working, only option I have recover lcd switch off for few minutes. Please can anybody tell hardware issue or just need monitor firmware update? thanks
38 REPLIES 38

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you please list your hardware and indicate what cable you are using from the graphic card to the monitor.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

SkarpRog
Level 7
Asus maximus VI formula, MSI GTX 680, Samsung ssd evo 500gb 16GB Kingston 1600mhz, I am using displayport cable come with monitor, set dp1.2 on monitor settings resolution 3840x2160 60hz driver 337.88

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you.

I was going to suggest that you try one of the other display port sockets but the MSi only has the one. My card has 4 mini display ports.

It should just work, I have no idea why your screen will not work for you on power up. Might be worth seeing if other users in your region are having similar issues. Does the place you bought it from has a user forum. OCUK does for example, and Hexus for Scan.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

From scan I bought , odd random it happen not always even not show Asus logo just backlight blink one time and going black again

SkarpRog
Level 7

I just got the same monitor today. And I have the same issue. When I first plugged in the cable, nothing came up, only the power light is lit up. I didn't see the logo at start up. I have to turn off and turn back on couple time to get it to work. I'm thinking returning it right now... disappointed 😞

Orduu
Level 7
Hello as owners of this monitor maybe you know if it has built-in video scalers for lower resolutions I asked in my thread about this but didnt receive response.
I am considering to buy this monitor after learning enough about it but it seems there are some issues with it.

Orduu wrote:
Hello as owners of this monitor maybe you know if it has built-in video scalers for lower resolutions I asked in my thread about this but didnt receive response.
I am considering to buy this monitor after learning enough about it but it seems there are some issues with it.

Hi, you will try ask them here http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9

SkarpRog wrote:
Hi, you will try ask them here http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9

Thanks I will try this but as a owner can you tell me what is your opinion about this monitor other than this black screen issue did you notice any flickering. Did you try any old low resolution games on it if yes how good are they scaling on it ?
Regarding black screen its probably hardware issue.