Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I've had alot of problems with this monitor since I got it yesterday, it took me ages to get it to work at 60hz since the screen would just shut down right after logging into Windows. I had to connect through HDMI to be able to get to the OSD menu, change the DisplayPort mode to 1.2 and after that I could use Displayport again. Also, changing the resolution from Nvidia control panel just doesn't work with most resolutions (importantly 1080p). Once I thought the screen had died on me after changing the resolution to 1080p, half the screen would display correctly and the other half would be a blur of black and white lines. I reversed the change and the panel just went black. Turned the screen on and off, still black. I had to reboot my computer and restart the screen once again for it to work. I've also had problems with tearing vertically across the middle of the screen, this happens after changing resolutions and I have to power the screen off and on again to make it go away.

I will try the screen on a different system, but I doubt the problem is on the GPU end. I would hate to have to RMA this monitor since it's a logistical hassle to move it anywhere. I'm hoping it's just a driver issue, but I can't find many other examples of similar problems with this monitor apart from this thread so I guess I'm out of luck.

ROG Member Array

I am testing on windows 8 now back from 8.1 will see, installed official drivers for win8 will report if helps, (did fresh install windows without any additional software) maximum time was until I get black screen 2-4 days, little tearing I see only when do internet speed check

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Orduu View Post
    Thanks I will try this but as a owner can you tell me what is your opinion about this monitor other than this black screen issue did you notice any flickering. Did you try any old low resolution games on it if yes how good are they scaling on it ?
    Regarding black screen its probably hardware issue.
    apart of black screen nothing major, I am not have old games, only played rapala pro fishing on emulator looks good.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by SkarpRog View Post
    apart of black screen nothing major, I am not have old games, only played rapala pro fishing on emulator looks good.
    Rapala Pro Fishing so I suppose its on the PCSX2 ? How are native PS2 resolution graphics looking on this monitor do they look normally , arent they stretched ? Does this monitor have options to display resolutions lower than native ? Does it have automatic resolution scaling ?
    Last edited by Orduu; 06-17-2014 at 10:21 PM.

ROG Member Array

Rapala Pro Fishing so I suppose its on the PCSX2 ? How are native PS2 resolution graphics looking on this monitor do they look normally , arent they stretched ? Does this monitor have options to display resolutions lower than native ? Does it have automatic resolution scaling ?
    sorry mate not tested look to me normal yes on pcsx2 I just run and play native resolution. Now I have black screen issue want to test it out and sort.

ROG Enthusiast Array

sorry mate not tested look to me normal yes on pcsx2 I just run and play native resolution. Now I have black screen issue want to test it out and sort.
    But does this monitor have any options for example in OSD for displaying resolutions lower than monitors native resolution correctly ? I will be grateful if you could please check options in menu.
    Last edited by Orduu; 06-18-2014 at 03:32 AM.

ROG Member Array

But does this monitor have any options for example in OSD for displaying resolutions lower than monitors native resolution correctly ? I will be grateful if you could please check options in menu.
    No, just in operating system

ROG Enthusiast Array

No, just in operating system
    I dont understand your response you mean it doesnt have options for lower resolutions ?

ROG Member Array

I dont understand your response you mean it doesnt have options for lower resolutions ?
    yes

ROG Member Array

on windows 8 same issue black screen 100% defective monitor nice

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast