Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I had issue with Display Port not recognizing the display.I replaced the Display Port cable (got one from Monoprice) and it's working great now.

Not sure how ASUS ships a faulty Display Port cable but I'm glad to see monitor working.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by SkarpRog View Post
    Aspect only I can see
    So it only has aspect mode how does it look when you choose it are there black bars on top and bottom of the screen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzified View Post
    I had issue with Display Port not recognizing the display.I replaced the Display Port cable (got one from Monoprice) and it's working great now.

Not sure how ASUS ships a faulty Display Port cable but I'm glad to see monitor working.
    well whit ??? amount of cables order at one time, there will always be a faulty bugger in there.
    they order in bulks since its cheaper that way.

ROG Member Array

There seems to be a consistent theme taht a newer, shorter DP1.2 cable resolves most cases... the Overclockers.net forum is almost the sole source of concetrated complaints about this issue as its not really discussed elsewhere to the extent it is over there... and it occasionally devolves over there as a nVidia vs AMD issue as Team Green fans say the prepondernace of issues is with AMD-only. As a owner of rigs with both Titans and R295x2, I'm an interested party either way.

The monitor has had great reviews with no mention of any issues, I am going to match this with my 295x2 (trifire with a 290x) shortly, when I complete the rig. What I really want is something >30" with minimal lag using a single scaler.
    Main Machine (Work in Progress)
    CPU: Intel Haswell 4770K
    GPU: 1x Asus R9 295x2 plus 1x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290X
    RAM: G.SKILL Tridents X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 8-9-9
    Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mk 1
    Case: Custom
    PSU: CORSAIR AX1500i
    SSD: PLEXTOR M6 Pro 500 GB and a SAMSUNG 840 Evo Series 1 TB
    HDD: Seagate 2TB Hybrid cache
    Cooling Solution: Custom Loop with 360mm radiator for CPU

ROG Member Array

Thanks for all the info and links here, I'm going to try with a different Displayport cable and see if it helps. Btw the "popping noise" heard sometimes I'm fairly sure is coming from the speakers, I've muted the speakers from the OSD menu and now I havent heard it in a while.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by niczo View Post
    Thanks for all the info and links here, I'm going to try with a different Displayport cable and see if it helps. Btw the "popping noise" heard sometimes I'm fairly sure is coming from the speakers, I've muted the speakers from the OSD menu and now I havent heard it in a while.
    This does appear to be the definitive fix for the popping noise.
    Hopefully a good DP1.2 cable no larger than 2m is the fix for the other stuff. Interesting, can people get by with a 1m long cable between their GPU and their monitor? Most cables are two meters... I dont recall the length of the included ASUS cable.
    Main Machine (Work in Progress)
    CPU: Intel Haswell 4770K
    GPU: 1x Asus R9 295x2 plus 1x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290X
    RAM: G.SKILL Tridents X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 8-9-9
    Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mk 1
    Case: Custom
    PSU: CORSAIR AX1500i
    SSD: PLEXTOR M6 Pro 500 GB and a SAMSUNG 840 Evo Series 1 TB
    HDD: Seagate 2TB Hybrid cache
    Cooling Solution: Custom Loop with 360mm radiator for CPU

ROG Member Array

Strange under system setup-information shows 133KHz on asus site specifications only range 24~99KHz

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SkarpRog View Post
    Hello, have odd issue with monitor after shutdown pc next time I power on screen stays black on screen buttons not working, only option I have recover lcd switch off for few minutes. Please can anybody tell hardware issue or just need monitor firmware update? thanks

Hi there, i have the exact same problem i run sli i tried to switch ports on my second gfx but same problem, i have to turn off my monitor 4 times before i get the screen working again, im running 3770 k , Asus GTX 780 DirectCU in sli. dont know what causes that :-(

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBetty View Post
    Hi there, i have the exact same problem i run sli i tried to switch ports on my second gfx but same problem, i have to turn off my monitor 4 times before i get the screen working again, im running 3770 k , Asus GTX 780 DirectCU in sli. dont know what causes that :-(
    Sorry mate but monitor faulty ask for replacement or full refund. I sent mine back to vendor now awaiting 4k with g sync from Acer.

Receptor
    1 day ago .Reply

Today I got my replacement display and all problems are gone for good. I just tested resume from sleep mode 10 times in a row and the display always recovered fast and without issues. The ASUS logo, that was displayed by my old diplay, is gone, too btw. So it seems there is a new firmware on board, which feels snappier and more stable than the previous one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4