cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Asus Backtracker work on Windows 8.1 for the G750JS-DS71?

alancastro24
Level 7
Hi all, i just recieved my G750JS-DS71 and I want to use the Asus Backtracker to keep a recovery image apart from the recovery partition. But Im just wondering if the Asus Backtracker works perfectly on Windows 8.1. Any help is appriciated 🙂

BTW. this is my very first gaming laptop
5 REPLIES 5

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Unfortunately, haven't tried ASUS Backtracker on the G750JS myself, but since ASUS Backtracker is listed on the ASUS G750JS Win8.1 download site under the 'utilities' section, would assume it will work.

Hopefully others can provide more confirmation if necessary, but if you can get your hands on a 16Gb USB drive, worth trying in my opinion.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Did your unit COME with windows 8.1? ( I assume it did since it's the latter of the G750 models ) HOWEVER, if there is laziness in place of where I sense it. The BackTracker could bring you to 8.0.

I doubt it though.. I'm sure it's updated. Even if it doesn't work, a fresh install is better than all the bloatware. ;x

P.S. you can go find yourself an ISO / Torrent a copy of Windows 8.1 Single Language ( NOT A PIRATE COPY ) as you have a legal copy and the CD key in your BIOS.

Just don't forget to open your BIOS and write your key down before you do it.

mickym
Level 7
I got my G750JZ also with Windows 8.1. This first thing I did was to create an USB with Backtracker before I change a lot of things in my original configuration. Then I thought I have to test if the USB Stick works. So I booted from USB Stick, thinking this would be for the first time enough to check. I thought I have some options after booting from the USB Stick, that I could cancel the recovery process - but this was not the case. So with the USB Stick it directly starts to partition and format the hard drives with the factory image on it. So I hoped/prayed 🙂 that recovery process works properly - and it did work properly. OK it is not the same model, but it was WIndows 8.1 and I can say the recovery worked perfectly and was undesigned tested. 😉

alancastro24
Level 7
thanks y'all 😄

LeonardoTan
Level 7
Do I need to convert my new drive first to gpt? btw my new drive is Samsung 840 EVO ssd.