ROG Member Array

Does Asus Backtracker work on Windows 8.1 for the G750JS-DS71?

Hi all, i just recieved my G750JS-DS71 and I want to use the Asus Backtracker to keep a recovery image apart from the recovery partition. But Im just wondering if the Asus Backtracker works perfectly on Windows 8.1. Any help is appriciated

BTW. this is my very first gaming laptop

Super Moderator Array

Unfortunately, haven't tried ASUS Backtracker on the G750JS myself, but since ASUS Backtracker is listed on the ASUS G750JS Win8.1 download site under the 'utilities' section, would assume it will work.

Hopefully others can provide more confirmation if necessary, but if you can get your hands on a 16Gb USB drive, worth trying in my opinion.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2

Did your unit COME with windows 8.1? ( I assume it did since it's the latter of the G750 models ) HOWEVER, if there is laziness in place of where I sense it. The BackTracker could bring you to 8.0.

I doubt it though.. I'm sure it's updated. Even if it doesn't work, a fresh install is better than all the bloatware. ;x

P.S. you can go find yourself an ISO / Torrent a copy of Windows 8.1 Single Language ( NOT A PIRATE COPY ) as you have a legal copy and the CD key in your BIOS.

Just don't forget to open your BIOS and write your key down before you do it.

ROG Member Array

I got my G750JZ also with Windows 8.1. This first thing I did was to create an USB with Backtracker before I change a lot of things in my original configuration. Then I thought I have to test if the USB Stick works. So I booted from USB Stick, thinking this would be for the first time enough to check. I thought I have some options after booting from the USB Stick, that I could cancel the recovery process - but this was not the case. So with the USB Stick it directly starts to partition and format the hard drives with the factory image on it. So I hoped/prayed that recovery process works properly - and it did work properly. OK it is not the same model, but it was WIndows 8.1 and I can say the recovery worked perfectly and was undesigned tested.

ROG Member Array

thanks y'all