Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 JX Hard Drive upgrade question :)

Pepperami
Level 7
Hey guys 🙂

First post, please be gentle lol

I have the G750 JX and it has two 500GB Hard Disks in it, but I am upgrading them, one is a 256GB SSD and the other a 1TB Hybrid Drive

So my question is, looking at the back of the unit, If the two Hard Drive bays are at the bottom as you look at it, is there a preference as to which drive should go where, or doesn't it matter?

Any help appreciated 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Yes! :3

As you are looking at the bottom of the compy, (the drive bays closest to you) the slot at the left is 0, the slot on the right is 1.

MEANING: You put the SSD on the left side, and the HDD on the right side!

Though just a side note, apparently you need to 'hook in' the SSD via your BIOS for the system to know it's your boot drive. And sometimes, the compy might get confused between which drive slot is what unless you specifically set it.

Make sure you get a 2.5 inch drive, also remember you do not need a caddy, just put it in the one that already exists.

Double check to make sure! 😜

Pepperami
Level 7
Thanks mate appreciated!!!!

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
It's best to put the SSD in the left slot like Darnassus said (or "port 0"), although you can always rearrange the hard drive boot order/priority in the BBS priorities within the BIOS setup in any case. 🙂

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Am smart cookie. ;x

TnG_magick
Level 7
Thanks for the info!