cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPS... Cant get over 60 fps... in game around 30-40 FPS.... Hellp

rusheqart
Level 7
RIVE BE, 4930K, EVO 250 RAID 0 another EVO 250, Poseidon P GTX 780, AX1200i, H100i, MX279
Hy... I cant get over 60 fps at all in assassins creed IV and other games tried diferent settings ultra, high, low but anyway it wont go more than 30-40 when playing.. What coud be the cause of this ? Maybe my frame rate software is wrong? I have windows 8.1 and using FRAPS....I have all the latest updates.... Any sugestions ? Thank you
13 REPLIES 13

Chino
Level 15

Ill check Vsync settings... Thank you for your hellp

My Vsync settings was on 3d aplication setings.. Is that alright ? Shoud i change it to adaptive or just leave it on on ?

Tokens210
Level 10
As chino said vsync causes the video card to run at whatever the monitor is reporting it is

There are a bunch of games that are actually capped in frames per second, usually you can sometimes edit an INI file to increase it although I wouldn't recommend just doing that unless you know what's going on, also I wouldn't do it in any games that have online as certain cheat detection software will see the files are changed and possibly label it as a cheat

Just as an example I can use skyrim, by default its usually capped at 60 or set to let the monitor choose, but while going thru videos to add HD mods and such I came across one that showed where and how to edit said INI file to allow the game to run whatever, although skyrim has a 3gb hardcoded ram limit so in that particular game mods and such can only go so far
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Thank you for information tokens210 i apreciate it ...

Tokens210
Level 10
You want it turned off

V-sync connects your video card and monitor and forces the video card to stay at the monitors setting no matter what u change

Off would be best especially since you got a 780 so an upper end card

Also theres a setting in game and sometimes the graphics control panels may have one as well but I'd start in game, if you can't turn vsync off in game again if you look into the editing of the INI files, usually vsync is a setting in the same file as fps since they're related to one another

But again you'd wanna look into this for the games themselves as you don't want the game to label you as a cheater for no reason

Also forgot this earlier editing INI files can cause the game to no longer run so if you find that that's a route you wish to take plz take the time to research it a bit will save a lot of headaches later on
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

kkn
Level 14
you can turn vsync on and off inside nvidia controll panel.
go there before messing with a ini file on a game.
change file in a game that have punkbuster may end up in a full ban.

Tokens210
Level 10
Yes that's what I was saying about cheat software there kkn lol I personally wouldn't mess with an INI on any game that has multiplayer that you use or plan to use

Even then that's why I added to research cause INI edits can also just cause the game to not work unless its reinstalled which really sucks

So INI edits should be like a total last resort

Punkbuster is a pain one lol I've had that tell me I was cheating simply cause I had a program installed that could edit exe files, I was like I use it to enable 2+ GB on the exe leave me alone lol, but thankfully they fixed it

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is always best to use the software if available for vsync. Please do report back if this is sorted as there are other possible causes for bad FPS of course.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.