cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram help

H2O_King89
Level 7
Hello all.

I just built my first PC and want to get my Ram where it should be at 1866.. right now at 1333

my setup.
Win8.1 Pro
Asus R4BE
Intel Core i7-4930K
CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R
corsair H105
CORSAIR RM RM1000

I have the latest Bios "came with".

I turn on X.M.P and restart and works fine. AI suit 3 shows 1866. now the weird part. When I shut down the PC or goes to sleep, it will now boot up. It trys to "everything kicks on" but shows code 00 and shuts down and powers back on and starts and stays at 00 again and does nothing.

I have to turn off then on the PSU for it to boot. It then goes to over clock failed and shows the ram at 1333.
8 REPLIES 8

Tokens210
Level 10
You can look into memtest+ or whatever the free one is, its a ram tester to be plain

Usually 4 passes with 0 errors means good sticks

I'm in no way any expert so other may jump in with other things you can try out
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have all the CPU 12 volt connectors fitted?

Please download CPUz and for the purposes of testing remove AIsuite.

I wonder if you have made any changes using AIsuite? If so they may be causing this.

And finally if possible to borrow a PSU to see if PSU is the cause.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

[QUOIE=Tokens210;411454]You can look into memtest+ or whatever the free one is, its a ram tester to be plain

I'll try this when I get home.

Usually 4 passes with 0 errors means good sticks

I'm in no way any expert so other may jump in with other things you can try out

HiVizMan wrote:
Do you have all the CPU 12 volt connectors fitted?

Please download CPUz and for the purposes of testing remove AIsuite.

I wonder if you have made any changes using AIsuite? If so they may be causing this.

And finally if possible to borrow a PSU to see if PSU is the cause.

I'll download this when I get home. I have made no changes to the AIsuite. Also both 12v cables are connected

I am not planning to OC this PC as of right now. But I'd like to get the RAM to the speed I got it for.
Thanks for the help.

HiVizMan
Level 40
When you turn on XMP profile you are overclocking your system. 🙂 So welcome to the world of OCing. 😄

Seriously now the Corsair vengeance kits and the X79 chipset have not played nice at all. I have seen over 2000 threads with people having issues with this platform and the vengeance kits.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

well good news. out of random I tried the X.M.P and works now with no problems.

now I need to find out what the Q- codes mean. norm it says AA all the time when done with boot and in OS and now its says 30 😕

HiVizMan
Level 40
They are both normal and acceptable.

The AA is your system is handed over to AHCI and is as expected. The 30 normally means your system has resumed from a sleep state.

Enjoy your system.

H2O_King89
Level 7
I have a update. I am having problems again like before. There for I am going to change the ram.

So I have done a lot of reading and found just to buy one kit. This is the kit I am looking at.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231525

It shows this kit is on the QVL for the motherboard. I am hopping to just pop this in and turn on with out any problems.

HiVizMan
Level 40
That kit has been tested on the motherboard. And you should not have problems.