cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diary of a ASUS ROG Winner

Arkitek
Level 7
Hi everyone I'm new to the forums and I finally got some time to post about my new rig. It was a part of the PAX giveaway and I couldn't be more happy about the awesome new machine!

Here are the specs...
CPU Intel i7-2600K 3.4GHz Processor
MB ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z
ODD ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray Burner
PSU Rosewill LIGHTNING-1300 1300W
VGA ASUS MATRIX GTX 580 Platinum (1.5GB)
Memory G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866
HDD Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB-64MB Cache-SATA 6.0Gb/s
SSD 2 x Crucial M4 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
Case Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower

The first thing I wanted to do was swap out the stock cooler with an aftermarket one. I went with the Zalman 9900CNPS-MAX and boy does that thing sure keep things cool! I was amazed!

I cannot wait to learn more about ASUS ROG and all their features on this hardware and mess around with it. I just wish I had more time! I'm not really sure where to head from here on what to do with it now but hopefully browsing the forums I can get some inspiration!

I want to thank Brian@ASUS and Newegg for this awesome machine and I look forward to reading about other ROG users and what they build and use!

-Lance
12 REPLIES 12

Area_66
Level 11
Congrats Arkitek, and thanks to come here, so many time peoples win stuff and we never ear about them after.

Arkitek
Level 7
Thanks MarkedOne! Its kinda funny because one of my favorite game series is STALKER so your forum tag and avatar are very familiar with me! I plan on having a run through with Call of Pripyat soon!

Cyrekk
Level 10
Welcome and congrats on winning the rig!

E;
Arkitek wrote:
Thanks MarkedOne! Its kinda funny because one of my favorite game series is STALKER so your forum tag and avatar are very familiar with me! I plan on having a run through with Call of Pripyat soon!

You two should become friends.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Area_66
Level 11
I ear bad news about the new one they gone release in 2012, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. II , they will put parts of the games on their server, so you will need to download stuff as the game progress, all that because of the piracy.

I get contact with Stalker because of Asus ROG ; they include a copy of it in my Maximus Extreme x38 motherboard, I get few Clear Sky on other ROG board too after.

xeromist
Very cool! Thank you for coming and sharing with us. MO is right, not many winners even say "Thank you" but we do get a few and we have another winner who posts here as well. He goes by G4MER. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Very cool! Thank you for coming and sharing with us. MO is right, not many winners even say "Thank you" but we do get a few and we have another winner who posts here as well. He goes by G4MER. 🙂

Hey I say thank you! And thanks to u for being such a cool guy and good moderator!! Brian sure knows how to pic a good team!
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

chrsplmr
Level 18
Arkitek, Welcome New ROG Forum Member.

Congrats on Winning. Sweet, Sweet Rig.
Enjoy all that is ROG.
May you find more than you seek.c.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Welcome and Congrats!....

G4MER
Level 9
Hey Cool I also won a ASUS ROG PC at PAX.. Congrats on your WIN!
WINNER Of: iBUYPOWER / ASUS - GAMER PALADIN Z68

CPU - 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor
MoBo - Maximus IV Extreme-Z
ODD - BLU-RAY Reader Combo Drive
PSU - 850W Extreme Gaming Series Power Supply
VGA - ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II (1 GB)
Memory - 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory – Corsair Vengeance
Audio - ASUS Xonar DX
Networking - Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
Hard Drive - 60GB SSD SATA III 6Gb/s – Single Drive

( I WAS A G4MER, WHEN G4MING WAS UNCOOL )