cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ Subwoofer dead -

tomill
Level 7
Hi Noob here, I sparked up my Asus G750JZ for the first time yesterday and I must say I'm very impressed with it in every way except 1... the sound was tinny and terrible, far too much trebble. \so i have downloaded the latest REaltek drivers from the Asus Web site and installed them, but no difference, even when using the Audio\wizard, i can put my ear to the subwoofer under the laptop and... nothing. Befor i go through the boring 2 week long returns process is there anything you guys can suggest? like i say I have the latest drivers already...

One other thing, on the site i bought it from the mentioned this comment:

"ASUS SonicMaster and ROG AudioWizard ensure optimized, powerful audio for any kind of game"

I cannot find anything called "sonic master" in the installed software or anywhere else, is this part of the problem?

Please help as I really don't want to be without a laptop for 2 weeks while its sent away...
10 REPLIES 10

Caastiel
Level 7
Perhaps you are referring to AudioWizard? I am able to adjust my bass etc from there.

Well I do see the audio wizard and the Realtek config apps, but when I adjust the bass very little happens. I can put my ear to the underneath subwoofer and nothing comes out at all... 😞 even with bass settings whacked all the way up!

Hitchy
Level 7
even though its not the same problem but i recommend you to read this whole thread : Disabling The G750JW Subwoofer

Thanks Hitchy, I read it as you suggested, and really it has confirmed my fears, in that it's not just a "feature" and actually is a real problem, if some people are getting too much bass, then it proves that mine is not just weak, but completely non-existant, I did find the "internal bass speaker" slider switch and whizz ing it to 100% and down to 0% made absolutely no difference! soon! I have bitten the bullet and tomorrow it gets picked up by the courier and taken back to the retailers, hopefully to just be swapped out for a new one.
I will update here once it's back and let you know if the difference is REALLY obvious, so that other don't end up wondering if that is what it sounds like all the time 🙂

Ok New PC has a much fuller sound now, so I think its safe to assume that it was a hardware fault... however... i now have intermittent popping/clicking sounds from the speakers, i think its the sub woofer again, i have hovered my ear above the two regular speakers, but the clicking/popping sound (every 20 secs or so) seems to be coming from the sub woofer area again... 😞 ok, now to trawl through forums to see if anyone had this issue before..

Is this model plagued with sound problems or is it just my bad luck?

Not your bad luck. I am in the panic mode. I have a new G750. I have had my computer for a couple of months and just assumed the sound problem was the source and not hardware (I don't game and use the sound only on occasion.) I is going to be really painful for me to return it. I think my Amazon warranty is expired. I will address this in my Amazon review. Has any one got a solution other than sending the unit back?

Thanks,
Bill

Same problem here, the subwoofer is dead. I tried with 2 sets of drivers, even installed Linux and nothing. I guess I'll have to send it back then !?...very unpleasant ASUS, really 😞

zeve66 wrote:
Same problem here, the subwoofer is dead. I tried with 2 sets of drivers, even installed Linux and nothing. I guess I'll have to send it back then !?...very unpleasant ASUS, really 😞

I have a similar problem here. My sub cut off when I put on 100% audio volume. I had read some techincal sites and it seems that is the poor protection on subwoofer... ASUS can you hear?
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

yea, even with all speakers working, the sound system sucks. i hook up a bluetooth speaker to mine and it sounds waaayyy better. i have a hp dv7 that i paid 1300 bucks for back in 2009 with a built in sound system that kicks this g750jz's ass! we paid for top end specs but the sound sure wasn't one of them. smh.