cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to saves electricity on the computer using Windows 8.1

khoidsart
Level 7
Hello guys!

I have a problem with save on electricity. The advance in the cost of living was not followed by higher wages, included electric. I never have enough money to pay my bills every month. I'm always in the red.

I'm using Windows 8.1. I use it alot everyday, 18h/1 day. I want a software saves electricity on computer. Please help me. My hardware in the signature bellow.

Thanks a lot.
CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX760 | Mootherboard: Asus Z77 | PSU: Cooler 1000W | RAM: 8GB | Monitor: Asus VG248
5 REPLIES 5

Tokens210
Level 10
Run windows in power saving or energy saving mode

It'll keep the display dimmer
Put the computer to sleep faster
Shut off the monitor faster
The processor will be able to down clock itself as long as you don't have a manual voltage on an over clock, if it does have manual voltage the CPU my down clock but the power consumption will stay the same

Other then that any 3rd party type software I personally wouldn't really trust as it would have to be able to control your processes, meaning it can turn whatever it feels like off and your nine the wiser about what just got switched off

Computers actually don't typically use that much power, refrigerator and a/c probly use more power then your PC on a day to day, just because it has 1000w PSU doesn't mean it pulls that all day
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Thank you Tokens210.
I think can use Power Options saving. In fact,they'll fall slightly.
CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX760 | Mootherboard: Asus Z77 | PSU: Cooler 1000W | RAM: 8GB | Monitor: Asus VG248

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You're going to have to re-edit your signature as you can't use a 2500K in a Maximus VII Hero lol.

As for power saving, this may come as a surprise to you, but your PC consumes the most power when you turn it on for the 1st time. If you really want power savings in regards to your PC, don't use it so much. 18 hours a day is far too much time to be sitting in front of a PC.

khoidsart
Level 7
Computers assist for my work well. I often play games when I have free time, my computer is always at command.
To me, it is a big problem.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do not overclock. Use power saving power profile.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.