cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Fans' speed/efficiency?

iChun
Level 8
Heya guys,

Just wondering if there was any successful way to set or check the CPU/GPU fans speed on the G750?
10 REPLIES 10

Darnassus
Status Under Review
.. not an official way I can think from the top of my head.. but I run a benchmark, get behind my computer and move my face near the fan. If it's too windy to keep my eyes open I consider it blowing pretty good ;d

Another way is using Speed Fan!

Remember ( I believe) you cannot check the RPM of your fan since it's not gauged / probed for information reporting to the motherboard. ( I could be wrong.. )

.... just don't hurt your eye, okay? ;d

Torpedo499
Level 7
Yes, you can check your fan speed/temperatures/voltages with a utility called HWMonitor from CPUID.

I have it and I think its pretty good.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

iChun
Level 8
HWMonitor does not show anything about fan speed at all. I've already been using it for ages. 😕

Magnetone
Level 7
Hi,

maybe you mixed up HWMonitor with HWInfo?
My HWMonitor is showing CPU fanspeed.

AAndrei
Level 8
No, the fans should sit at idle.

You can see in the next video that the fans can stop completely. Also you guys can see the program to control the fans.

iChun
Level 8
No, pretty sure I'm talking about HWMonitor.. Unless HWInfo says the same thing in the title bar as HWMonitor.

iChun wrote:
No, pretty sure I'm talking about HWMonitor.. Unless HWInfo says the same thing in the title bar as HWMonitor.

***Your hw montior also doesn't show motherboard, ram, or battery?***

Dude think your hw monitor is broke

does anyone have Notebook FanControl config for G750 CPU And GPU Fans.

iChun
Level 8
bump