cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i confirm i've successfully updated my vbios?

Axil00
Level 7
I am experiencing some graphics issues with some games. I believe i sucessfully updated my vbios some months past, but i can't remember for sure.

When i look at my display adapter settings it says under Bios Information: BR3852.001

Is this correct?
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would love to help you but since I have no idea what graphic card you have it is some what difficult.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I apologize, i have a G73Jh with a Radeon HD 5870. I thought it was the only one that had all the weird graphical issues that wouldn't accept any stock drivers.

So to further flesh out my query. If i have successfully preformed the vbios update, can i now update my video drivers and catalyst control center via ATI's driver page as i would for any normal desktop computer?

haihane
Level 13
i'd use Techpowerup's GPUz.

i didn't own this image, just pulled it off from google search (as i was kind of lazy in making a screenshot just for this).
look right next to the bios version.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

My issue is i don't know what version I'm supposed to have after preforming the vbios update. GPU-Z agrees with my adapter information window (though GPU-Z gives a longer version). Again i have BR3852.001. I am now reasonably confident i do have the updated version as after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPte3QO_L4w It shows the vbios updating to BR3852.001.

My other question remains, can i now go to AMD's website and download the latest drivers?

It looks like 14.4 is what i can get there. Of course AMD has decided to make this even more confusing my providing me with the following information on that drivers page: " ***Important!***

Please note, that the AMD Catalyst Mobility driver package can only be installed on specific AMD Enduro platforms, that are second generation AMD A-series APU, or third generation Intel Core family based.

Please note that all other platforms that do not include support for AMD Enduro Technology are supported through AMD Catalyst Mobility."

What on earth does that mean?

haihane
Level 13
My issue is i don't know what version I'm supposed to have after preforming the vbios update. GPU-Z agrees with my adapter information window (though GPU-Z gives a longer version). Again i have BR3852.001. I am now reasonably confident i do have the updated version as after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPte3QO_L4w It shows the vbios updating to BR3852.001.

ah okay.

can i now go to AMD's website and download the latest drivers?

i suppose you could, but don't listen to me yet. Hivizman might have something else to say.

and honestly, i have no idea what those meant. i'd just run an AMD driver cleanup utility and then throw a stable CCC driver on it.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Here's a screen I saved when I updated my vBIOS:

It looks like you DO have the newest vBIOS.

I was then able to update to Catalyst 13-9. I haven't updated since then. I would try the newest drivers, but if they give you any trouble, you can always remove them and look for something older.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
What you can do is go to the AMD driver support page and use there auto detect tool.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yeah I used the and auto detect after using ands uninsulated and cc cleaner. Updating now.... we shall see what happens

Axil00
Level 7
In the middle of updating bluescreen... dammit!