cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign CTRL or ALT button on an ASUS ROG mouse side button??

bu7emaid
Level 7
I am having a problem trying to assign CTRL or ALT button to the side buttons on my ASUS ROG mouse. I am using ASUS ROG mouse software to assign CTRL or ALT button to one of the side buttons on the mouse, I could not find a simple button assignment choice, the nearest thing I could find is macro which I thought would help.

I used the macro to assign the ALT button but it records the press, delay and release which is not what I want since I just want the side button to be like the ALT button. Even when I remove the delay and release it just caused more problems since the ALT button wont be released and it messed up everything, I had to record an ALT release to get things back to normal.

I just want the side button to act like CTRL or ALT buttons, it should be pressed when I press on it and stays pressed when I hold on it and gets released when I release, that's it! simple as that!

Just like the Logitech mouse software where you can just choose the button assignment and press the button to be assigned, can I do that with ASUS mouse software ?

Thanks in advance for the help!
3 REPLIES 3

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
What mouse exactly? there are a few ROG mice

bu7emaid
Level 7
Sorry for the late reply, I am using the ROG mouse that comes with my ASUS ROG G750JZ laptop but it doesnt show the model name on the mouse but I can see the M/N (which I think it means model name) is MOBKUL.

I hope this helps

Bump