cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g74sx usb ports issue

Retired
Not applicable
Whenever I hit my HDD or its cable, the device will get disconnect then connected again on my asus g74sx. This only happen on HDD, other devices like mouse, small usb drive works fine. I'm pretty sure that it's not the HDD problem since I already tested them on other computers. Please help!
6 REPLIES 6

JRd1st
Level 12
Get a different cable. If it doesn't happen with other USB devices, then it stands to reason that this cable fits looser than the others.

Also, stop hitting your cables. That's not nice! j/k 🙂
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
True the HDD cable fits looser on my asus. But all the cables for that HDD is the same so its epic fail for port.

If those ports are really loose I don't know what you can do besides set up an RMA to get it or them fixed. Its a crapshoot whether anything will actually be repaired. I would just try to find a cable that's tighter.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

so you have the same issue with that cable on all the ports, but not with other USB devices?

bad/worn out cable. replace it. or take another cable, chop the end off of it and splice it to the cable you want to use.

usb cables are cheap, i'd replace it.

Retired
Not applicable
I'm not sure that the cable is worn out because this issue never happens on my other computers.

Yahooligan
Level 7
It's been 12 hours since your first post, why the hesitation to simply try a different cable and see if the problem goes away? Unless you do that it's just speculation if it's the port or the cable connector that is the problem. Start with the simple solution and go from there. 🙂
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool: