cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Formula VI QCode-55 after RMA

mu5tang71
Level 7
To start off I left the mounting bracket on the back of the board for the H100 water block... I never made it back to me so I had to use the stock cooler. I have a bracket kit on order now.... My fault they did tell me on the RMA form. I just missed it.

Well I got my RMA back from Asus. My MoBo Maximus Formula VI had issues with the CHA_HEADERS stopped working. Well like I said I get it back after 2 weeks to the day and the Header issue is resolved but now I am getting a error 55 (No Memory Installed). I can get it to post with one stick but as soon as I add another I wont go past error 55. Is this something they can fix or will this be something were they will just give me a new board? If you look at the top of the board you can to the Q-Codes. As for Asus Customers service it has very painless but there tech department sucks. They never said no to anything. Was always and still willing to help me. I have read so many horror stories with Asus's Customer service, but I can say the same... I just want a new board and stop playing this back and forth ****.... If it was not for receiving the MoBo with a whole new problem it would have been a prefect RMA...

Is there any kind of fix I could try or is this MoBo just toast... ?????????

ONE STICK NORMAL POST Q-CODE = AO

2,3, or 4 STICKS FAILED POST Q-CODE = 55..... NO MEMORY INSTALLED
Asus Maximus VI Formula MB, Intel Core I7 4770K CPU, Thermaltake Overseer RX-II Case, H100 Corsair Cooler Push/Pull Config, 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 Ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified w/ EVGA A w/ Backplate, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Power Supply, Window 7 Ultimate x64,
6 REPLIES 6

Raja
Level 13
Does one stick on its own work in any slot? Or is there just one slot that works? If the latter, check the CPU socket for bent pins.

Interesting..... So I went ahead and tried what you said to do and this is what I came up with. I was able to add a stick to the second lane (A2) and it did post. I then shut it down and tried to add the same stick to the 3rd lane (B1) and got the code 55 and would not post. I then tried it with the last lane (B2) with the same stick and would not post code 55. So than I tried to add a stick to both A1 and A2 lanes and it did post with 2 sticks. As soon as I add a stick to either the B1 or B2 lanes I get the error 55. So that tells me that those two lanes are malfunctioning on the board and would definitely need the 2nd RMA..... True?

lane A1 one stick - posted
lane A2 - one stick - posted
lane B1 - one stick - No post QCODE 55
lane B2 - one stick - No post QCODE 55
A1 and A2 - 2 sticks both lanes - posted

As for the bent pins I did not see any issues there and I also tried to re-seat the CPU.... with no difference. That was one of the first things I checked.
Asus Maximus VI Formula MB, Intel Core I7 4770K CPU, Thermaltake Overseer RX-II Case, H100 Corsair Cooler Push/Pull Config, 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 Ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified w/ EVGA A w/ Backplate, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Power Supply, Window 7 Ultimate x64,

jab383
Level 13
A first suggestion is a careful inspection of the DRAM sockets, front and back, looking for debris or solder short circuiting either of the B channel sockets.

Secondly, I have one doing exactly the same thing, but it's the A channel that doesn't work. In my case the CPU suffered a casualty while delidding. Another CPU in the same M6F works fine. It may still be the M6F in your case though.

Can you try another LGA1150 CPU of any sort? That would distinguish between CPU and M6F.

Jeff

I don't have another CPU just laying around unfortunately.... But as stated everything worked fine before it it left for the RMA. Not until I received it back this whole RAMM problem started. I never tried or even no how to relid a CPU....... After I took the CPU out the first time for the RMA I placed it immediately in the original Intel packaging until I got the RMA back and was ready to install it. I also checked the slots and look to be free of debris. Never had a soldering gun near the computer. I don't have the need to solder.

Top half...

Bottom Half

mu5tang71
Level 7
Just wanted to add a update. I just tried another 4770k CPU and got the same results. So there is no question that it is the board.....

HiVizMan
Level 40
RMA the board. Simple as that.

Sorry that you have been messed around.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.