cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pcie 3.0 extender?!?!

Mangame
Level 7
Hello guys, I have a question for you. If I put a PCIE 3.0 Card on a pcie x16 extender there will be less performance or the extender doesn't affect the performance?
Thanks at all
The extender is this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cHJtBT3RL.jpg
[IMG]
14 REPLIES 14

Performance "should" not be affected. Just be careful that the pcie extension you use meets the requirements (physical, data, electric, etc) of the device you are connecting to the host.
Look at the reviews on the product too....

HiVizMan
Level 40
They work fine, you do get different spec extenders by the way. The difference in price between them is very small.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Mangame
Level 7
Ok. Can you please confirm that this riser card will work with PCIE 3.0?
This is the description:
Features:
This riser cardprovides expansion for 1 slots with cable.
PCI-E PCI-Express 16xRiser Card Extender Cable 1U/2U
The Flexible SingleSlot PCI-Express 16x Riser Card makes the PCI-Express 16x Card away frommotherboard ,
with the PCI-Express socket directly in line with the socket onthe motherboard.
It is flexible cabledesign and suitable for your own projects .
Gold plated contactsfor best conductivity and long life .
No Driver necessaryand jump-less .
PCI-Express 16xSlots.
PCI ExpressSpecification Version 1.0 Compliant.
Fit for 1U/2Urackmount chassis.
Cable Length approx:15cm
Total length: 20cm
Package:
1x PCI Express 16xRiser cable

I read "PCIe specification version 1.0" so this is PCIE 1.0 and not 3.0?
Thanks for the answers
[IMG]

c1684901
Level 7
I have a good example
http://yawacu.blogspot.tw/
PCIE2.0 cable can not be used
Cable must be used PCIE3.0

PCIE2.0

PCIE3.0

Mangame
Level 7
Thanks for the answer but where can I find it?
[IMG]

Rouster67
Level 7
So I have the rog g20. I was going to buy a cable such as that to put a gtx 970 in because the angle of the PCI-E male end on the graphics card needs to be at a 90° angle. Is this a good fix or is there a better solution?

Rouster67 wrote:
So I have the rog g20. I was going to buy a cable such as that to put a gtx 970 in because the angle of the PCI-E male end on the graphics card needs to be at a 90° angle. Is this a good fix or is there a better solution?

It's a direct swap as long as you have the power supply that supports high-end cards (both external plugs). You don't need any new cables or adapters. The angled riser is a separate piece from the card.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…