cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JZ & Samsung EVO 840 Upgrade, Second HD Caddy Included?

Theodore
Level 7
Hey guys,

Hey guys, i have a simple question.

I have purchased Asus G750JZ but only with 1 HDD without any SSD... However i have purchased SSD Samsung EVO 840 and i would like to know, if is "HDD FRAME" ( propably HDD Caddy, i don´t know the name of it in english ) included in the laptop or not. The reason why i´m asking is, that i will have only 1 HDD inside, and the second HDD slot will be free and i don´t know if there will be the "HDD FRAME/HDD Caddy", or not.

If not, what "HDD FRAME/HDD Caddy" should i buy for G750JZ?

3 REPLIES 3

Akin2Silver
Level 7
I would suggest this is a question for ausu support. I have no idea if they supply empty drive caddys inside the laptop. I would also suggest buying the asus caddy as it will be required for the right mounting points.

hmscott
Level 12
Theodore wrote:
Hey guys,
Hey guys, i have a simple question.
I have purchased Asus G750JZ but only with 1 HDD without any SSD... However i have purchased SSD Samsung EVO 840 and i would like to know, if is "HDD FRAME" ( propably HDD Caddy, i don´t know the name of it in english ) included in the laptop or not. The reason why i´m asking is, that i will have only 1 HDD inside, and the second HDD slot will be free and i don´t know if there will be the "HDD FRAME/HDD Caddy", or not.
If not, what "HDD FRAME/HDD Caddy" should i buy for G750JZ?

Theodore, my JW/JX came with an empty caddy in the 2nd bay, the JH had a 1TB already in the 2nd bay. I think all the G750's come with an empty caddy in the 2nd bay if there aren't 2 drives.

You can buy extras from the Asus estore, here is the link to the offering in the US Asus estore.

Hard Drive Caddy
SKU: 13GNY81AM020-1
Your Price: $22.50
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3018

If your G750 comes with an empty caddy in the 2nd bay, the drive screws are in a little plastic baggy taped inside the box - or in the paperwork baggy. Don't accidentally throw it away - some people have 🙂

If you do accidentally throw away the baggy with the screws, you can take half the drive screws from the Bay1 caddy to use in the Bay2 caddy.

BTW, I thought all configurations of the JZ came with a 2nd Bay drive...

hmscott wrote:
Theodore, my JW/JX came with an empty caddy in the 2nd bay, the JH had a 1TB already in the 2nd bay. I think all the G750's come with an empty caddy in the 2nd bay if there aren't 2 drives.

You can buy extras from the Asus estore, here is the link to the offering in the US Asus estore.

Hard Drive Caddy
SKU: 13GNY81AM020-1
Your Price: $22.50
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3018

If your G750 comes with an empty caddy in the 2nd bay, the drive screws are in a little plastic baggy taped inside the box - or in the paperwork baggy. Don't accidentally throw it away - some people have 🙂

If you do accidentally throw away the baggy with the screws, you can take half the drive screws from the Bay1 caddy to use in the Bay2 caddy.

BTW, I thought all configurations of the JZ came with a 2nd Bay drive...

Thank you for the answer and for the link. I really didn´t know what kind of caddy should i buy. Thanks!