Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Example..... somethimes you have a higher clock on cpu,, and lower on another thing... or clocks that not "match" .. it can be stable sometimes,, and when you look its overal performance isnt better.. and can be worst.. so the perfmonitor is good for that
    and.. on benchmarks youre not going to note this very well.
    so i think.,.. the fx9050 stability is fixed now.. and were the first forum to solve that...
    have really a LOT of posts with no solution everywhere about fx9590 stability, or people telling to just fix at 4.7 and leave it... blaming amd etc... and saying that the processor is a heat crap bomb etc etc..
    its a non defalt bios config problem only, the thing really works very well i lost 2 months trying this... and only in here i got some info and made some more.. and its all fine now.. before i was just sataying with it fixed at 4.7 :/
    so im happy now.;. lolololol

ROG Member Array

and.. not need to turn turbo off as i sayd..

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Walblue View Post
    and.. not need to turn turbo off as i sayd..
    See, I think there is actually very little benefit to leaving turbo on---it might make a slight difference under very light workloads (when it rarely hits 5ghz), but the problem is that the cpu throttles all the way down to 4.5ghz (with turbo enabled) under heavy core load/usage, so the amusing thing is that it ends up benching faster in Geekbench with turbo disabled, and the cpu locked at 23.5 (4.7ghz).
    Last edited by blppt; 04-13-2015 at 08:03 PM. Reason: added "with turbo on"

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm wondering something; if a (any) board does not have possibilities to set LLC manually, could a software-LLC be achieved with AMDMSRtweaker?
    With the goal to give the CPU a bit more juice in the highest power state?

I did a rebuild for someone like, half a year ago, with a ASUS M4A79 DELUXE->AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. Which stresstested out fine, but seems to have trouble locking up when playing BF4...
    Last edited by IMweasel; 04-20-2015 at 07:51 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array jarokamaro007 PC Specs
    jarokamaro007 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VII
    Processori7 4790K @ 4.5
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance Pro 32Gb 2133Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus R290x Matrix Platinum
    Graphics Card #2Asus R290x Matrix Platinum
    Storage #1Asus RAIDR SSD 240 Gb
    Storage #2WD Blue 1Tb
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1200P
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB
    Headset Logitech G230
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Hi 2dcomplex Any chance to put pictures of Ur set ups in BIOS Please? I have same problems like U.

New ROGer Array

Snorgit,

I am new here and I have the same problems, please can you post or send the same Bios specs to increase at 4.951 Ghz.

Thank you.

ROG Member Array

I've been having this same issue with the 9590 for months and nothing solved it until I came across this. I just completed a 24 hour PrimeGrid run at 4.7 GHz with the same settings you have. Thanks, 2dcomplex!

ROG Member Array

Sorry to have left this post "hanging". Didnt think to come back once I fixed the issues everyone is having. But I MUST report...The Raijintek Triton AIO water cooler I bought cracked really badly. I do not know what caused the crack. Considering this thing was probably made by Ford, the crack was noticed 3 days AFTER my warranty expired. So no RMA/return. I got some industrial "fix everything" epoxy. I don't know if the coolant is breaking down the epoxy or if the epoxy is that bad-a** that it is eating the acrylic. The more I tried to fix it, as my warranty was expired, the worse the leaks got. But, I did manage to fix the crack...leaks ended up coming out of the acrylic seams and where the power cables go into the pump/block.

I have built 2 other systems (EXACT same setup, just different tower case) using this cooler, and they are fine...no cracks or leaks.

This is probably just a case by case situation, however, I wanted to put it out there. I did much more research (as I tend to do) and ordered new: 6x Corsair SP120 High Perfromance, and a Corsair H80iGT. My case (Thermaltake V3 Black AMD edition) is a little too small for the 240mm radiator, and ended up having to frankenstein with some wire in order to mount it...which was ok, but frankenstein on a new box :/ . So I got the Corsair H80iGT for the larger 120mm rad. with a push pull system to fit my case a little better. Using a fan controller to keep variable fan speeds high enough without dropping out, I replaced the stock SP120's on the radiator. This cut my dB almost in half, and with the extra in/out fans I am actually running at lower temps than before. I don't have screen shots ATM 'cuz I am at work (I know, I should be working), however at systems first stable build (with the raijintek and only 1 other exhaust fan-- I didnt realize my case didnt come with an intake at all) with an average of room temperature 20*c (this was February with Central Air/heat), system ran around 29*c on idle, and ran every game I have at ultra high settings, max got to 63*c. The oddball was Dragon Age Inquisition, which actually topped over 70 and shut down me system -- DA:I is already known to have a CPU pathing issue that makes things run super hot (still got 5 hours at absolute max settings before system yelled at me). That was with a 240mm Rad + 2x 120MM very loud, fast, and HSP flow

With the new fans, and new cooler, @ average room temp 25*c (this is july with settings to 77*f on thermostat) I am running 28*c idle, and 54*c at load (not including DA:I) Also, Prime95...I get about 30 seconds before lockup, so I suggest if you want to know how your setup and settings will work, test using the thing/game/program that you intend to use to see if it can handle it.

The Raijintek's new technology and expandable AIO sounded really great, and had good reviews. However, at the time of purchase, not enough time had passed with continual use to get a decent peer rating out of it. As I said, the other 2 systems I made with them are running jsut fine, no leaks, yadda yadda. So, here is your grain of salt.

Since it was lifetime warranty that got circumvented by sellers own warranty, and you can't buy direct from Raijintek, I don't recommend it and go with a tried and true reputable system.

TLR - Get a water cooler that is tried and true, or get the fancy-dancy AND a tried and true just in case. As it was, my reservoir and pump gave me the finger right at 6 months.

ROG Member Array

Sorry I didnt get notice of this earlier rdw...I know it is kinda after the point, but I will post my bios settings next week. I did play arouind, and like mean machine, I got my clock to 5.2 stable as hell using 1866mghz on my ram (it seams that if you want to use higher mghz option for ram, you need to set the voltage accordingly, and non of that fluctuating stuff, otherwise you get hung up). Though I found I personally dont need the OC 5.2, and jumped back down to 4.7 so I can play DA:I on almost max settigns without burning up my system. Once EA fixes the code pathing in the software, I will ramp up. BTW, if you get a chance to play DA:I on max settings with 4k ultra HD TV....ERRHMERRHGERRD the realism...blood splatters the screen and waterfalls look like waterfalls.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Snorgit View Post
    Sorry I didnt get notice of this earlier rdw...I know it is kinda after the point, but I will post my bios settings next week. I did play arouind, and like mean machine, I got my clock to 5.2 stable as hell using 1866mghz on my ram (it seams that if you want to use higher mghz option for ram, you need to set the voltage accordingly, and non of that fluctuating stuff, otherwise you get hung up). Though I found I personally dont need the OC 5.2, and jumped back down to 4.7 so I can play DA:I on almost max settigns without burning up my system. Once EA fixes the code pathing in the software, I will ramp up. BTW, if you get a chance to play DA:I on max settings with 4k ultra HD TV....ERRHMERRHGERRD the realism...blood splatters the screen and waterfalls look like waterfalls.
    Glad you're having a good time in DA:I, but honestly, it was the most disappointing Bioware game I've ever played. The story was so generic, and I didnt care a lick about the characters, which, frankly is a first for any BW game I've played. In comparison, The Witcher 3, while not having as good graphics as DA:I (technically), is much more engaging.

You are right though---one of my "gaming stability tests for OC'ing" is leaving DA:I running for a couple of hours...if the system is unstable, I can guarantee it will hard-lock after a couple of hours in that game, whereas other titles may fun fine for days.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast