Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine View Post
    Have you tried to increase CPU ratio to 25x at same voltage?
    Just tried that at my current settings, and while windows boots and loads basic programs, applying any load at all results in an immediate hard lock.
    I then increased the CPU voltage in one step increments 3 times, re-testing between each adjustment. All three attempts resulted in the same immediate lockups under load.

Lastly, I adjusted the CPU/NB voltage in one step increments 3 times, re-testing in between as before. Same lockups again. Bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by chris635 View Post
    Not sure if this helps but.....for my system to be stable with my ram configuration I need about 1.3v on the cpu/nb with the llc for it set to extreme which will pump it to 1.38v depending on load
    Wow, that's quite the jump. I can certainly give that a try if it's safe.

Quote Originally Posted by EdTheHead View Post
    Hey 2Dcomplex, just wondering I see where you are having the high heat issues, not sure if you still are but from what I can see in your pic it looks like you have your fans set to exhaust on the CPU and GPU Radiator Fans? If so try setting them to intake as pulling cool air from outside instead of pushing hot are through the already hot radiators you should get a big drop in temp as I did this when my Temps where that high on my old system.
    Just checkin. Good Luck, Nice build almost as Purdy as mine
    I was thinking about doing this, but I would then be faced with problems keeping the northbridge and VRM cool on the motherboard, as well as problems cooling the pcie bridge chip and power section of the 295x2.

The air that comes out of the 295x2's radiator is extremely hot when gaming or doing opencl work; far hotter than the CPU radiator in fact. When I first noticed the sheer volume and temp of the air coming from the GPU radiator, I likened it to a hairdryer. lol

If I configured both radiators to pull in air from the outside, it would be up to the two 140mm fans in the front of the case to exhaust the hot air.

Currently, under gaming load my temps hover in the mid to high 50s, and idle sits around 38~40c. Only if I really beat the hell out of the processor does it shoot as high as 70c, which is still technically within spec. With the case wide open and a floor fan blowing right into the case, the temps are just about the same. Maybe a degree or two lower at best.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I'm starting to think the 9590 was a half-assed effort from AMD. If 2dcomplex had 2 separated 9590s so far and he cant get it stable with a nice roomy case and a monster PSU *AND* a superior 3rd party water cooler then something is really wrong with AMD's binning of these factory overclocked CPUs.

I'm sorry; just getting rather irritated at all the money I dropped into correcting these issues that shouldnt have existed with a stock CPU in the first place. And I said to myself "Listen, you know this CPU is a power hungry beast, get the best 990FX mobo you can from the local Microcenter, and get a powerful PSU". And yet, still problems. Thats just not right, IMHO. So very disappointed in AMD.

And probably the most irritating thing is the i7-3770k system I built right next to it that has run flawlessly since day one, outperforms the 9590 in just about any benchmark, and uses like half the power. Sigh. I long for the days when the Thunderbird Athlons laid waste to Intel's silly Netburst P4s.

OK I'm done, LOL.

ROG Member Array

I'm right there with you man. I trust Jim Keller to deliver the goods in a year or so though. If anyone can turn around AMD's high end x86 effort, it's him.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MeanMachine PC Specs
    MeanMachine PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)I enjoy my wife
    MotherboardCVI HERO + CVII Hero Wifi
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800X + 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 + F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX980 SC for CVFZ
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GTX 1080 hybrid
    Graphics Card #3GTX 770 for phys x
    Sound CardMB
    MonitorHP w2408h
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 840EVO 500GB and 960 M.2 pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105, H110 and H115i
    CaseCorsair 750D and 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX-1200i and Antec 850 pro platinum
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba
    Headset Corsair Vengeance 2100
    OS W7 Ultimate 64bit and W10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetcom Wireless NF18ACV

As they say, not all similar chips give the same results. I have an FX-9590 running stable @5.2GHz 24/7. Maybe I'm lucky!
    Last edited by MeanMachine; 07-02-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
    CPU:
    AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

ROG Member Array

This may be overkill, and call me a glutton for punishment, but I'm going to experiment with two other boards.

I borrowed a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 from a friend during all of this, and a quick test revealed that it behaved FAR better with everything at default/auto settings. I didn't experience the random freezing when the system shifted to the 5GHz turbo frequency. That seems to implicate the board, but I need more data.

So here's my plan for a better understanding of what's going on:

1. Bump the CPU/NB voltage quite a bit as suggested to see if it's an issue with my memory on the Formula-Z.
    2. Try different memory on the Formula-Z beyond the G.Skill 1600 and 1866 memory I have already tried. Something known to work.
    3. More extensive testing with the 990FXA-UD7.
    4. Obtain an ASRock 990FX-Extreme9 and test with that as well.

Hrm, maybe I will try that when I get some more spare cash...although you would think the CHVFZ would be of considerably higher quality components than either of those boards.....

ROG Member Array

Cool your good to go, just checking man I thought I might be able to heap someone with there issues since I can't help myself with mine Good luck bud.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by blppt View Post
    Hrm, maybe I will try that when I get some more spare cash...although you would think the CHVFZ would be of considerably higher quality components than either of those boards.....
    I'm guessing the ASRock will be crap. I'm really only interested in testing it.
    I'm highly impressed with the physical build quality of the 990FXA-UD7, but the BIOS and the software package really sucks. Gigabyte hasn't released an update for the BIOS since 9/13, which is ridiculous. I'm positive there are numerous improvements they could make based on support feedback.

Oh, dont get me started on Gigabyte---it took them forever to release a full UEFI interface for my G1.Sniper.M3 (which the 3770k is running on), it used to be what they called a "Hybrid UEFI/BIOS", and when they finally did release a full UEFI interface, it looks like the original BIOS screen with a fancy font/different colors, and sluggish as all hell. AFAIK, thats their NEWEST UEFI interface for most of their boards. Board is rock stable though, which I suppose is what really matters.

ROG Member Array

Hey 2dcomplex, I think I'm going to give your settings a try. Do you recommend using them? Did you maybe fine-tune something meanwhile?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post414977

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast