cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Multiple ACPI Errors

Sparax
Level 9
Hi all i am having some issues with the ACPI driver for my new Maximus Hero Vii Board Event viewer is reporting several issues as follows

ACPI Event ID 13
: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

ACPI Event ID 15
: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

Kernel-PnP Event ID 219
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

System Specs
Asus Maximus VII HERO (BIOS 0904)
Intel Core i7 4790k @ Stock
Corsair Dominator GT (CMT4GX3M2A2000C8)
Windows 7 SP1 on Corsair Force 3 SSD

I Have installed all the latest drivers and updated to the latest bios but I'm still getting these errors anyone got any ideas what I need to do to fix this?
175 REPLIES 175

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Sparax and welcome to ROG.

You can check and update your ACPI drivers by going to Control Panel then Device manager. Check properties of ACPI and update. There may be more than one so update all.

Drivers can be obtained from the ASUS Support Web site to suite your OS and CPU.

Should you require more detailed explanation, Just ask and please report back.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Sparax
Level 9
Hi MeanMachine

I have tried updating the ACPI Drivers from within Device Manager however they report that the best driver software for your device is already installed for them

And i am already using all the latest driver updates from the Asus Driver & Tools page

Any other suggestions?

MeanMachine
Level 13
Well, I would not be so sure they are the latest, cause if you just do just an Internet search it will report you have the best.

You also state you have the latest Bios update, So how did you update?.

Modern Bios systems may not recognize Legacy components and settings in Bios can remedy this. (Refer your manual)

ACPI issues can also result from a change in OS or change of Boot device, and sometimes a corrupted boot record.

Its a matter of elimination, cause there's quite a few things that can cause it.

Also try searching for posts relating to your issue, you may get Lucky.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Sparax
Level 9
My current Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller Driver is v6.1.7601.17514

I updated my bios by downloading the MAXIMUS VII HERO BIOS 0904 from the Asus Driver & Tools page and i used EZ Flash 2 in the uefi bios to perform the update

The issue remains even on a new SSD with a fresh install of windows 7

MeanMachine
Level 13
I have 6.1.7600.16385 but that's not going to help as I have a different CPU.

Have you tried checking the SATA port your SSD is connected too. When I first connected my own SSD I had found changing ports fixed my problem.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

antisect
Level 7
i'm getting all 3 above errors on a Maximus ranger Vii
all drivers up to date, windows 8.1 fresh install

Sparax
Level 9
Ok I've tried switching to a different SATA Port but I'm still getting the same error :confused:

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not sure which OS you are using but do you have automatic update enabled?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi, been trying to get your attention as i cant pm you... Can you have someone look at this thread. I found the general cause for these issues. ty see photos lower in post...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57432-ACPI-Errors-RELATED-TO-ASUS-Probe-II-Sense-Driver-po...

HiVizMan wrote:
Not sure which OS you are using but do you have automatic update enabled?
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.