Asus GTX 780
Corsair RM750
NZXT H440 Black
16GB G.Skill
Kingston SSD 120GB SSDNOW 300
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Asus external DVD-RW Reader

Hi!

I am having some problems with installing Windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my newly-built rig.
When i start up the rig, the Asus Rog logo comes up, and then it proceeds into BIOS, as it should. From here, everything seems fine. Until i try to install the OS. I have the correct Windows.iso file on my laptop, and i have both burnt it to an disc and copied it into a USb drive, but nothing seems to work. I even tried (in desperation) to use my old harddrive with Windows XP, but as soon as it started to boot, i got bluescreen and it shut down.

I have been stuck with this problem in about 48 hours now with constantly testing new combinations refering to quick boot, SCM values, interrupt 19 capture, enabling and disabling the harddrives for UEFI prioriting...
Short to say, i have been testing my as of with every settings possible for 48 hours without managing to boot up windows.
I have been checking both the ASUS forums and other third party forums for different solutions, but havent found anyone that has a solution that works. I would highly appreciate any tips or solution that you awesome guys at the ASUS community could give me. I am a long lasting Asus fan and have had none problems with my earlier products.

Thanks in advice, and forgive my bad english.
3 REPLIES 3

billyray520
Level 10
Welcome jovel! :cool: So what you are saying is that neither the CD nor the USB can boot? Have you tried any other booting KNOWN CD's to establish that your computer can boot anything at all? Or try and boot your CD/USB on another 64 bit machine to see if it does in fact work?
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please use Microsoft USB tool to create a OS usb drive. You can not just burn the ISO to the disc.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

icrocodile
Level 7
i think that when you install through the USB try to click the f2 or f8 or f8 button