Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Strix b350-f Gaming

I've built myself a ryzen 1800x, Strix b350f gaming, G Skill f4-3200c14 16 gtz.
    Updated bios, so ram running at 3200mhz 14.14.14.34 no problem. I cannot get the motherboard to hold multiplyer of anything above 38.5.
    Every time I set it to 40 or 41, it just boot to 38.5. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ginnus21; 06-10-2017 at 05:08 PM.

ROG Member Array

Also when I go to register the serial number it says its already been used! It's definitely not second hand or refurbished.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Did yo increase vcore and other voltages?

Also watch these 2 videos. Very enlightning
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBmVf0S4UDs&t=911s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgpHTaQ10k&t=216s

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ginnus21 View Post
    I've built myself a ryzen 1800x, Strix b350f gaming, G Skill f4-3200c14 16 gtz.
    Updated bios, so ram running at 3200mhz 14.14.14.34 no problem. I cannot get the motherboard to hold multiplyer of anything above 38.5.
    Every time I set it to 40 or 41, it just boot to 38.5. Any ideas?

That's because this motherboard has a bug. It sets offset voltage control base to 1.375v ("By CPU" string in bios) if you have an X processor, when it is actually should be 1.2V or something like that.
    You can try to set manual frequency equal to stock non boost value and check your voltage on the cpu with offset set to 0v. In my case it is 1.2V.
    I think that mobo increases the base voltage sometime while POST'ing to 1.375v, but the offset is applied from the very beginning of the post.
    As a result I cant post 3.8Ghz on 1.375-0.15v (while rock stable using Ai Suite in win10) because of sometime while POST'ing this 0.15v offset is appliend to 1.2v stock voltage.
    ASUS please fix this. I've explained the bug more depply in this reddit post.

ROG Member Array

Can any of ASUS reps comment this bug?
    Also, why does this board only has offset voltage regulation? Almost every lowcost b350 board from Giga, Msi and others have manual direct voltage regulation.
    And this board is meant to be the highest tier of b350 asus boards it seems.
    Last edited by datspike; 06-26-2017 at 07:42 AM.

ROG Member Array

Exclamation Bios 0805 is out

So the 805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a bios is out, there's more issues coming on the cpu side
    1) Cant disable Core Performance Boost under AMD CBS settings. It just enabled itself on each boot
    2) The same issue with broken base voltage for offset regulation. Issue in depth on this reddit post.

On the memory side:
    I was able to boot 3200Mhz Corsair 3200C16 Hynix ic memory more often. It is not stable, mobo cant post 3200Mhz memory on every boot.
    I was testing 2 most "stable" (at percentage o successful POSTs) sets of settings:
    1) DOCP off, 3200 frequency, 16-18-18-18-36-75 main timings, 1.1v SOC, 1.35v VMEM, 2T, Geardown disabled.
    2) DOCP on, 3200 frequency, 16-18-18-18-36-75 main timings, 1.1v SOC, 1.35v VMEM, 2T, Geardown disabled.
    DOCP off seems to be i bit more stable.
    Last edited by datspike; 06-28-2017 at 12:32 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

@Dataspike do you happen to have any good resources on memory overclocking ? And more specifically on bios settings of this board with explanations?

On the topic of 0805 yeah seems it is more stable indeed. Running Corsair LPX 3000@CL15. Managed 2 hours of Prime yesterday, but crashed right after i stopped it with IRQ less than zero or something error.

ex-ASUS Employee Array Eleiyas PC Specs
    Eleiyas PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA
    ProcessorAMD FX 8370
    Memory (part number)Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 - 2G
    MonitorLG Flatron E2240T 21.5'' 1080p Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 7200RPM 32MB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM 64MB 6GB/s
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Cooler
    CaseNZXT Lexa S
    Power SupplyCorsair CX600 600W (Bronze)
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless AZERTY
    Mouse Microsoft Wireless
    Headset Evil Witchcraft II Gaming Headset (Black/Red)
    Mouse Pad Wild Wolf Hunter
    Headset/Speakers 4Gamers 2.1 Sound-System
    OS Windows 10 Professional - Creator's
    Network RouterZiggo

Quote Originally Posted by datspike View Post
    Can any of ASUS reps comment this bug?
    Also, why does this board only has offset voltage regulation? Almost every lowcost b350 board from Giga, Msi and others have manual direct voltage regulation.
    And this board is meant to be the highest tier of b350 asus boards it seems.
    I believe this bug was also present on the ROG C6H and still hasn't been 100% fixed.

Our main tech guys are still working on getting these Ryzen boards up to par, but it will take time; please be patient

As I've said a few times now, the guys over at HQ will prefer to release quality updates/fixes, not release fixes every other day which fix one thing, but break 20 others

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mariuscc View Post
    @Dataspike do you happen to have any good resources on memory overclocking ? And more specifically on bios settings of this board with explanations?

On the topic of 0805 yeah seems it is more stable indeed. Running Corsair LPX 3000@CL15. Managed 2 hours of Prime yesterday, but crashed right after i stopped it with IRQ less than zero or something error.
    Nope, just a lot of r/AMD, overclock.net and buildzoid videos - thats all my knowledge about ram overclocking. Our corsair ram which uses Hynix IC's is not that great at working with Ryzen and vice versa right now, thats all.
    I'm even thinking about buying the Flare X memory from G.Skill ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eleiyas@ASUS View Post
    I believe this bug was also present on the ROG C6H and still hasn't been 100% fixed.

Our main tech guys are still working on getting these Ryzen boards up to par, but it will take time; please be patient

As I've said a few times now, the guys over at HQ will prefer to release quality updates/fixes, not release fixes every other day which fix one thing, but break 20 others
    Thanks for the answer, Eleiyas.
    Glad to see that this bug in known, sorry for my impatience, I was really sad about this issue and not being able to overclock the CPU at all basically.
    Just using ZenStates now, working perfectly

ROG Member Array dukefx PC Specs
    dukefx PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS STRIX B350-F
    ProcessorRyzen 5 1600X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX1080-8G-GAMING
    Sound CardODAC with modded O2
    MonitorAcer Predator XB241Hbmipr
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2WD WD10EZEX 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MasterLiquid 120
    CaseSilverStone Kublai SST-KL07B
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova GQ 650W
    Keyboard ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Acer Predator
    Headset AKG 712 Pro with V-Moda BoomPro
    Mouse Pad QCK Mass
    OS Windows 10

Anyone else experiencing freezing where the power button won't respond at all and the reset button just turns the screen off? This happened to me twice in the last 2 weeks. The network controller also won't work properly after cold boot. It simply won't detect the cable plugged into the RJ45 socket and I need to restart the system to get it working. Core voltages also act a bit funny. During light usage it keeps jumping between 0.8V and 1.2V which is perfectly fine, but sometimes the voltages are way higher (close to 1.5V) while I'm doing almost nothing. This would be acceptable during heavy load with the boost clock kicking in, but this is not the case. I'm not sure (as I don't monitor voltages at all times) but freezing might be connected to this. I currently have the latest BIOS version. Had the beta before.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast