cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base Issues

YouWhat
Level 9
First I would of liked the AAFP cable to of been long enough, having gone through UK tech support and have gotten no where fast!!

ASUS CASEID=RWTM20140627193740516-689 Please click here if you wish to reply this mail!
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Asus Customer Support.

Please be informed that Asus as a manufacturer only offers a warranty service to our customers for faulty units as outlined in the warranty card. Asus do not sell nor provide any parts directly to customers.

In your case you need an extra part to complete your build successfully and I would advise you to go back to the reseller as we can only advise you to buy the required parts via one of the below parts sellers or search online.

http://eshop.asus.com/en-GB/
www.asusparts.eu
www.notebookrepair.co.uk
www.laptop-power.co.uk
www.psaparts.co.uk
www.expansys.com
www.computerbasement.co.uk

Kindly note that the reseller holds the contract of sales with you and might be able to do more for you than Asus.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and I do understand this is a very unfortunate situation for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for any further questions.

Kind regards,
Kiona A.
ASUS UK Support team

Hotline: 01442-265548
Email: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

All I wanted was the longer replacement AAFP cable sent to me that should of been packaged as standard, not having to run around banging my head against a wall to try and get it!!, to be told this is really beyond a joke!!!

Secondly...

The Front Base and my Maximus VII Hero motherboard don't like playing together at all, the fan controller doesn't work, I have tried everything I can find online to sort it, from flashing the firmware (which always fails) to reinstalling drivers, clean installs of windows 7! The strangest thing is, while the Front Base is plugged into the USB2 socket for the firmware update, it does actually control the which is even more frustrating as it doesn't when it's plugged into the ROG_EXT port.

I press the overclock button, and windows freezes, I press the escape mode button, and nothing happens, and when I plug headphones into the audio socket, I get the loudest screeching noise and no sound from what is actually supposed to come out... Until I press the soundstage button on my motherboard.

I really expected more from it being Asus, let alone a ROG product, the question is do I have to return it as I have had about enough from this and its inability to do what it is supposed to.

Can someone from Asus / ROG please reply as soon as possible please as I am at a loss now as to where to go with this, or whether it is just really a pretty paperweight, also please sort out something with the AAFP cable, as I shouldn't be expected to pay out any more for replacement cables because the one supplied is too short, a longer cable should of been supplied as standard and I am really suprised that it hasn't been.
24 REPLIES 24

Sparax
Level 9
I feel your pain mate I'm from the UK and have the same problem with the short AAFP cable also not getting anywhere with Asus support :mad:

I was also struggling to get the front base working correctly at first however after shutting down my pc and pulling the power cord from the PSU and allowing the mobo to fully discharge for a few minutes I rebooted and everything suddenly started to work as it should.

Same problem for me.

Contacted Asus today to find a way to update my firmware .

They don't understand what I want.

I want to use my ROG front base with my Asus Maximus Ranger VII !!!!!!!!!!!

Impossible to update to firmware v40 ( update failed ).

My Front base had a sticker V40 version !

After a verification with pushing button for 5 seconds it's v36 impossible to update......

Can someone from Asus / ROG please reply for me too ?

Jackslater wrote:
Same problem for me.

Contacted Asus today to find a way to update my firmware .

They don't understand what I want.

I want to use my ROG front base with my Asus Maximus Ranger VII !!!!!!!!!!!

Impossible to update to firmware v40 ( update failed ).

My Front base had a sticker V40 version !

After a verification with pushing button for 5 seconds it's v36 impossible to update......

Can someone from Asus / ROG please reply for me too ?

Hi Jackslater

If your unit has the v40 sticker on the back it was already using the latest firmware it sounds like you might have downgraded your firmware to v36
Try flashing the firmware again using the FB035v40.H00 file located in the FBFW folder from the ROG Front Base Driver V1.01.06 (With ASUS ROG Connect Plus V1.00.24) for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64b...

YouWhat
Level 9
I've finally had a reply from asus uk saying they are now looking to see if they can support me internally for the AAFP cable, it only took threatening to go to trading standards to finally start getting somewhere!!

IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TAKE THIS TO GET THE SUPPORT WE SHOULD!!!

Glad to hear you are making progress with this issue mate if you don't mind me asking who did you contact regarding this so i can do the same

YouWhat
Level 9
I got a response off the same person in 1st post this morning, kiona aalderink.

Now I just need to try and work out how and why the fans, overclock button and escape mode aren't working and I will be happier.

YouWhat
Level 9
Having just checked emails again, I have had this in...

Asus SN E5M0BX013496 [ID=STM2014070113562742228]‏

kiona_aalderink (support_uk@asus.com) Add to contacts 12:26 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To:
support_uk@asus.com

Thank you for awaiting our response.

Unfortunately we cannot provide the cable, the manager advised we can only refer you back to the reseller.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused but we are unable to support you further with this issue.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for any further questions.

Kind regards,
Kiona A.
ASUS UK Support team

Hotline: 01442-265548
Email: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

Now time to call Overclockers UK and see about getting this returned, and then getting in touch with trading standards, as I have had enough stress and hassle with this!!!

Jackslater
Level 7
Hi Sparax

I don't have downgraded my firmware.

I already have tried to upgrade it to v40 with this file without success.

Thanks for your help

YouWhat
Level 9
Having spoken to OCUK yesterday, I am returning the Front Base for RMA to try and see if another one will actually play ball with the motherboard, also he is also pushing their people there to get in touch with Asus directly to try and get this audio cable issue sorted out, as I got him to come on here while was on phone to him, and he saw the posts for himself about the longer cable being available, and I told him about being pi***d about by UK Tech support and basically being told to go away as they can't be bothered, so now hopefully with one of the UK retailers onside with this, we might actually start getting somewhere with it, but I am not going to hold my breath!!!

He totally agreed what a poor response and support Asus UK Tech support put into this matter, especially as there are others out there that want and need this being sorted also, let alone the fact that the longer cable should of been sent out as default.