Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Webalistic View Post
    Such a cable may provide a solution indeed. But the US $58.35 shipping is a bit excessive.

Asus' USA support providing a longer cable tells me they recognised the need for such a thing. However the Asus support in the rest of the world slamming the door in user faces on this thing is annoying to say the least. Just make it available as a part. Resellers have something to sell and make money off. Everybody happy.
    Google search that cable name. You might be able to find a seller closer to you so the shipping price isnt so insane.
    AMD 9590 (4.7ghz)
    CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
    12Gig DDR3 1333
    XFX R9 280x
    Corsair RM850
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 6

ROG Enthusiast Array

***UPDATE***

Asus are now shipping the longer cable as standard with all new front base units. If you have one and need the longer cable, I would suggest you get in touch with your retailer ASAP to try and organise a replacement.

I have been in contact with OCUK, and they are going to sort out a longer cable for me, whether that means I am going to have to RMA again, this unit or they just send me the cable, I dont know, but the Tech support supervisor / manager has been in talks with the Asus rep about these cables, he is currently on his holidays until the 11th when I have been told he will be in touch with me or if I want, I can contact him and they will get this cable issue sorted once and for all.

So anyone who needs it, chase it up now and inform the retailer if they are unaware that the new units come with the longer cable, I had to do this as OCUK was unaware of this, but it has been confirmed to me by a couple of Asus Rep / support personel, one on overclock3d.net site, and the other via the Asus PC DIY channel (had a message sent to me via google plus from them). So it is officially confirmed now.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

ROG Member Array

Just bought the front base and got the longer cable but instead I have buzzing electronic sound when using headphones in the panel (not the motherboard so same soundchip) and the left right is reversed. Get left audio test in right ear (when using the motherboard plugs direct it is correct) and the panel don't fit very well in my Corsair 550D (it's very loose with one screw) so many many problems

Running a new VII Hero with latest bios.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3