Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Ingelligent Processors 5 - Dosen't load my custom profile at startup

Ratkay
Level 7
Hi!

I recently bought the VII Hero motherboard and i gotta say it's AWESOME! :cool:

But right now i'm having some difficulties with the software that comes with the motherboard.

The AI Suite 3 seems good and all but still needs some tweaking i guess. 😛

From start it automatically overclocks the CPU to 4.4 GHZ (I'm running the 4790k on the board).
I didn't approve this so i manually tried to set it back to 4.0 Ghz. But the ratio doesn't go lower then 41?!
And i don't want to set my BLCK Freq to lower then 100 MHz so right now i'm stuck at 4100 Mhz total.
(IF you're wondering why i don't wanna overclock yet it's because i'm waiting for my new water-cooling system to get in stock at my local computer store)

At first i also had some problem with the fan's going crazy before set it to Fixed RPM Mode. The Fan Spin Up Time was way to short as a default and very weird "curves" in Smart mode. The went crazy, then quiet, then crazy, then quiet. And ithe cpu was around 45-55 *c.

So to fix this problems i made a profile for the TPU and also the Fan Xpert 3 - But here's the real problem:
When i reboot the computer i always need to go back and load the profiles or it goes back to default mode with 4,4 Ghz and crazy fan action.

:confused:THE BIG QUESTION: :confused:
Is there a way to fix so that my own custom profiles load as a defualt? Or is there a way to turn of the TPU Self automated overclocking and just have the Fan Xpert 3 running for now till i get my water-cooling system?

Things i also noticed besides these problems:

* My external sound-card (I'm a music producer) didn't work at first, i had to uninstall the 3.0 USB intel Drivers even tho i was using the USB 2 port. Then it started working. Quite annoying, took me 3 days to figure this out.

* When upgrading the AI Suite 3 to a new version the saved profiles are erased and you need to re-build your custom profiles.

* The EZ Update Doesn't work properly, i didn't find the new software updates to the AI suite or other programs that came with the motherboard, i had to install these manually by downloading updates from the asus support site.

* The Bios update needed to be done from the AI Suite 3 software, the button on connection part of the motherboard didn't work.

Besides from these problems i really love my new set-up! 😉

Kind regards // Peter R
Computer hardware:
4790K - Intel | VII HERO - Asus | Main Disk: 250 GB SSD - Samsung 840 Evo |
16 GB RAM (4x4) - Corsair Vengence (Low Profile) | Propellerhead Balance (External Audio-card) |
Corsair HS50 - Liquid CPU Cooler | 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140 mm Fans |
2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM120 mm Fans | Windows 7 Pro x64 | NXZT H440 - Chassi |
5 REPLIES 5

Ratkay
Level 7
Bump
Computer hardware:
16 GB RAM (4x4) - Corsair Vengence (Low Profile) | Propellerhead Balance (External Audio-card) |

HiVizMan
Level 40
How are you trying to OC your system, it sounds like you are using AIsuite. If so simply remove the profile that you have used and reset all to defaults and you should be good to go.

Then power down and Clear CMOS. All will be back at factory settings.

BIOS is the way to go for a 24/7 system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thnx for the information HiVizMan.

I'm right now running the OC trough the UEFI. I turned of the intel speedstep option and after that it seems like the AI suite is running my customized profile for the Fans that i've put in.

I want to use the AI suite to change settings between a "normal user mode"/"Movie mode" and a gamer mode because my gf uses the comp and also i use it as a Plex Media Server for our Samsung TV solution that we have at home (highly recommended).

Note: Didn't need to clear CMOS 🙂
Computer hardware:

HiVizMan wrote:
How are you trying to OC your system, it sounds like you are using AIsuite. If so simply remove the profile that you have used and reset all to defaults and you should be good to go.

Then power down and Clear CMOS. All will be back at factory settings.

BIOS is the way to go for a 24/7 system.

Thnx for the information HiVizMan.

I'm right now running the OC trough the UEFI. I turned of the intel speedstep option and after that it seems like the AI suite is running my customized profile for the Fans that i've put in.

I want to use the AI suite to change settings between a "normal user mode"/"Movie mode" and a gamer mode because my gf uses the comp and also i use it as a Plex Media Server for our Samsung TV solution that we have at home (highly recommended).

Note: Didn't need to clear CMOS 🙂
Computer hardware:

Raja
Level 13
Why don't you setup Turbo App profiles for those applications instead? Do so by assigning the .exe a suitable clock speed.

That's what Turbo App is for - dynamic real-time OC adjustments for 24/7 systems.