cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this just another RMA New Build?

EdTheHead
Level 7
Hi all,
I hoped we wouldn't meat like this:( Here I am though, and there you are, I hope better than me right at this moment at least with your PC?
I will try to do this with the most pertinent info, as to weather or not I should RMA this Motherboard or maybe CPU or not? Always best to try and get the allusive second option. And just make sure that I have not missed any possible solution to not have to go through the RMA tear down and wait game.

OK the Meat and Potatoes of my problem is, (this is a New Build in case you missed in subject line,) Booting from cold boot or warm, the system BIOS I assume, (<--Don't go there 😉 , the system stops at the enter BIOS Delete, F2, and just hangs there, no response. No input is excepted. My response is to press the ole reset and cross my fingers, sometimes it boots through to OS and sometimes it repeats. I also get the updating iRoG, and it says completed updating and starts but sometimes it go's into a loop and repeats up to 5 times so far, and then catches and boots to OS. I really love the features of this motherboard and hate to give it up for something or someone else's brand.

Benched and had no issues arise at time, although the PCB box was a little high to my liking, I don't know why I don't by a good anti- static mat? What else have I done besides press a button? Rechecked every connection inside and out I hope? 4pin, 8pin, 24pin, Mollie, even though I have but one video card, checked drives and cables, ran with just OS drive checked without ram (Q-Code 55), one stick in all slots, ran mem tests, flashed BIOS to 2101, I know DRAM is in A1,B1 at the moment but really I noticed difference in performance with them in A2,B2 I normally run in the A1,B1 on most builds. Status Code, oops Q-Code shows (AA with OS running) and (00 when the BIOS stops during cold or warm boots.)

Ah yes and change video card to a lighter one to check if maybe there was an issue there, that card was an Asus HD7770 and same situation. Tried another PSU of the 850W variety. Did I miss anything, Fans, CPU fan Check, works H100i on CPU header, tried different DRAM DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 4Gx2.

Oh and before SPECS, System won't overclock at all and won't do even one full pass of a Stress test, PRIME95.

FX-9590, Crosshair V Formula-Z, RGS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000), 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD, Seagate Hybrid Drive SSHD 2TB, ASUS R9290X 4G5D, Lite-On DVD, LEPA G Series 1600 PSU, all wrap in a Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Gunmetal Black Steel ATX. Windows 8.1

I did have one instance of voltage drop on CPU warning and no instability at the time but nothing since.
Well if I missed something let me know please, be genital I don't get out much since I have ham head in a PC case most days and nights. Make the Pain go away! It puts the lotion on it's skin!
Thanks for any help and now for a few pics. 38334383353833638337
11 REPLIES 11

chris635
Level 7
What do the q-leds on the motherboard say? The small led's for boot device,vga,dram and cpu. Also make sure the fast boot switch on the motherboard is set to the off position. I have had a problem with this before.
Chris...Have a nice day.

EdTheHead
Level 7
Yeah thanks I knew I forgot something, it stops on the boot device LED I put another SSD in it's place and got the same thing but still would go into OS after two attempt's. Also with a WD 160GB Raptor. Also turn off all the AI suite II software, and also tried as you as you said had turned off fast boot, etc, I wish it was something as simple as the SSD or a BIOS setting. Thanks for your input.

EdTheHead wrote:
Yeah thanks I knew I forgot something, it stops on the boot device LED I put another SSD in it's place and got the same thing but still would go into OS after two attempt's. Also with a WD 160GB Raptor. Also turn off all the AI suite II software, and also tried as you as you said had turned off fast boot, etc, I wish it was something as simple as the SSD or a BIOS setting. Thanks for your input.

What chris635 is asking for is the Qcode led readout, This will help determine your problem should the system halt during post.

Looking at your settings I think it may be the Bios.

The FX-9590 has a tdp draw of 220 and will require changes in bios to cpu volts, to achieve stability.

Other Bios changes come to mind. First try D.O.C.P to auto optimise. And save a profile in Bios. Then boot to windows and test for stability.
When stable try CPU Ratio to 25x instead of AUTO. You will need patience to achieve a 24/7 stable OC.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
What chris635 is asking for is the Qcode led readout, This will help determine your problem should the system halt during post.

The FX-9590 has a tdp draw of 220 and will require changes in bios to cpu volts, to achieve stability.

Other Bios changes come to mind. First try D.O.C.P to auto optimise. And save a profile in Bios. Then boot to windows and test for stability.
When stable try CPU Ratio to 25x instead of AUTO. You will need patience to achieve a 24/7 stable OC.

Yeah this made no difference booting will check the stress test for the heck of it, so I am at the end of my settings attempts I think time to get my RMA and try again.

chris635
Level 7
which sata port are using? Bottom two sata ports are asmedia. Are you using 1 of the top 6 ports?
Chris...Have a nice day.

Am using SATA6G_1 840 w/Pro Series 128GB SSD

meankeys
Level 13
Welcome to the ROG Ed

What is you temp? Did you check that the H100 is working properly. Also you might want to re-seat that cpu and check your tim.

38c idle forget under load like 41-42c?

EdTheHead
Level 7
OK on 2 pass with stress test that's good, don't think I will finish as this will not fix the boot issue and I don't have the time to spend 4 hrs doing that when my main issue is BIOS stability was not my problem, this system rocks when gaming. I have like 10 days left to RMA this to reseller before I have to RMA it to ASUS.Unless someone has the settings I need for this setup to keep the system error stop? First system I have built that did not boot normally on default or auto settings.