cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEI drivers

m00na
Level 7
I keep getting the warning message (Ensure to install MEI driver before using ASUS 5-Way Optimization).

So I continue to the ASUS web site (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/)
click on the chipset tab and have download and tried to install every one of the available drivers listed with no success, and yes I do
own the motherboard listed from the above link asus z87 maximus vi formula thats (M6F) for short.

The installation(s) show the error (This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

"Please Help"
18 REPLIES 18

HiVizMan
Level 40
Did not know that you could do te 5 Way optimisation on the M6F board. Will find out for you about this one.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

m00na
Level 7
That would be great, having ensure you install mei drivers before using 5 way optimization coming up at start up is getting rather annoying, all the drivers I installed were from the M6F asus web site except the ROG front base panel which was from the asus web site front base panel support drivers etc.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

5 Way Optimization is for the Z97 boards not Z87. Try installing the proper AI Suite that contains 4 Way Optimization.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers Praz as I thought.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

MeatEtr
Level 7
I'm also getting the same error, I got the Maximus Hero, downloaded Version 1.00.56 under the utilities here. So I know I got the right one, how can I fix this? I did noticed the downloads are identical, is that right? I don't know what any of this stuff does, just got my new system a few days ago. Only reason I installed this AI Suite thing was to get rid of the ATKEX_cmd.exe error at start up, had to close the error box 4 times.

MeatEtr wrote:
I'm also getting the same error, I got the Maximus Hero, downloaded Version 1.00.56 under the utilities here. So I know I got the right one, how can I fix this? I did noticed the downloads are identical, is that right? I don't know what any of this stuff does, just got my new system a few days ago. Only reason I installed this AI Suite thing was to get rid of the ATKEX_cmd.exe error at start up, had to close the error box 4 times.

Hello

As far as I know ATKEX_cmd.exe is related to Realtek audio drivers.

Praz wrote:
Hello

As far as I know ATKEX_cmd.exe is related to Realtek audio drivers.

Ok but installing the AI Suite did indeed fix that error. That was recommended somewhere in these forums. Anyhoo, out with one error and now in with this (Ensure to install MEI driver before using ASUS 5-Way Optimization) box at startup.

MeatEtr
Level 7
Ok well I figured it out. Found the MEI driver I needed here under chipset, third one down.

This was very helpful! Thanks. I would like to add that the 3rd one down changed because they are always adding new versions of the chipsets. It is currently the 4th one down. If you read the descriptions, you will notice that one choice is Intel(R) Management Engine Interface (MEI). There are a lot of Intel(R)'s in the section, so read the details. Good luck.