cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Getting ROG Front Base to work... NEED HELP

dadasmithywinkl
Level 7
Whenever I try to indtall any drivers, I get this error:

"Please connect the ROG Front Base for firmware and software installation or update"

And therefore am not able to even install the basic firmware for the front base. I'm irritated that it won;t install, even though it's fully connected.

ANY help is much appreciated.

Im running a Hero VII, 4790k, if that helps. I simply installed and booted everything. No updates have been done nor do I know how to do updates, as of yet.
5 REPLIES 5

YouWhat
Level 9
1st, update bios on motherboard to 0904, http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-HERO/MAXIMUS-VII-HERO-ASUS-0904.zip

Get USB stick, and format to FAT32, extract the downloaded zip file and place file MAXIMUS-VII-HERO-ASUS-0904.CAP onto it, reboot into the bios with the usb stick still in machine.

Click Tool at top, then select Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility, once in there, select the usb stick drive on left, and then select the bios file (MAXIMUS-VII-HERO-ASUS-0904.CAP), and then procede with flashing the updated bios.

2nd make sure you check the back of the front base for a sticker, if it got the black V40 sticker on it, firmware doesn't need updating on the Front Base, if it a recent purchase, it will likely not need the firmware update.

3rd, go to http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=ROG%20Front%20Base and download latest drivers and software from there for your OS and then install.

Once all of this is done and you have rebooted, it will then be hit and miss whether or not the front base unit will actually function as it is supposed to do, eg fan control, overclock, audio etc, you might just get a pretty little display for the front panel to monitor the temps and fan speed from, like I did.

Good luck!!

Ok, just checked the Front Base box and it has the V40 sticker on it. I'll update the bios and see how that goes.

dadasmithywinkl
Level 7
I updated the BIOS from 0401 to 0904. I tried to install the software the front base again, but it decided to do it in Installshield and not AI Suite 3.

Using Installshield, it still says "Please connect the ROG Front Base for firmware and software installation or update".

Could Installshield be the issue? Do I need to plug the Front Base into some other port? Is there a way to install it with AI Suite?

Or, alternatively, how can I install the program manually?

Hi I am having the same issue. We're you ever able to solve it? Any help will be much appreciated.

tyvm

bh3lli0m wrote:
Hi I am having the same issue. We're you ever able to solve it? Any help will be much appreciated.

tyvm

nvm I found out I bricked it