cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPgrading my DVD burner to Blueray

xpfighter
Level 7
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows which Blueray drive could I use to replace my Supermulti DVD burner in my G750JX?
I bought my laptop from a reseller so I could not chose the components I wanted to be installed. So right now
I want to change my DVD to Blueray, later change add some more RAM. And then try to modify the BIOS which
always underclocks my GPU when my laptop is not plugged in to the wall 😞

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

dblkk
Level 7
theres already a few threads with this, I only say this as those have links to the options.

xpfighter
Level 7
OK, thanks I'll search. I am new here even though I joined 2 years ago. Usually I am on overclock net forum.

Gericop
Level 7
I don't know where you could buy Blu-ray drive, but I'm pretty sure you cannot "modify" the BIOS to prevent underclocking your GPU when you're on battery. The battery cannot provide enough power to drive your GPU and CPU on full throttle as its current throughput is limited and lower than the needs of your notebook's internals. It's a property of the battery. Besides that, modifying consumption characteristics is a dangerous thing and can lead to the permanent damage of your battery, notebook and / or explosions, so I DO NOT RECOMMEND playing with it.

Thanks 🙂 . About the BIOS, yes You are right, I've founded it out. It is just a bit funny for me : There is an i7 4700HQ with own GPU which is disabled, They added a GTX770 which can not run on the battery, so it has to be underclocked. When it is undercocked it performes slower then the i7's GPU. Where is the logic here...? Atlest they could do the following : When on battery Enable the i7's 4600 GPU. Sad "all this horsepower, and no room to gallop" ...