cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help woth ROG Front Base... Why won't it work?!?

dadasmithywinkl
Level 7
Sooo... Need help with my Frint Base.

To start off, I'm running the 4790k on a Hero VII with the 0904 BIOS firmware. The Front Base has the v40 firmware installed (has stickers). I'm running Windows 7 64-bit Pro.

It did not include a software disc. So, I find the page for the drivers on Asus' website. I download AI Suite III and the drivers, and am able to download the AI Suite with no issues. When I attempt to install the drivers, it installs throuh Install Shield and gives me this error:
"Please connect the ROG Front Base for firmware and software installation or update".

I only want the drivers. Is there a way to get a disk from ASUS?

I need help. Anything is appreciated. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Kronvict
Level 9
dadasmithywinkle wrote:
Sooo... Need help with my Frint Base.

To start off, I'm running the 4790k on a Hero VII with the 0904 BIOS firmware. The Front Base has the v40 firmware installed (has stickers). I'm running Windows 7 64-bit Pro.

It did not include a software disc. So, I find the page for the drivers on Asus' website. I download AI Suite III and the drivers, and am able to download the AI Suite with no issues. When I attempt to install the drivers, it installs throuh Install Shield and gives me this error:
"Please connect the ROG Front Base for firmware and software installation or update".

I only want the drivers. Is there a way to get a disk from ASUS?

I need help. Anything is appreciated. Thanks.

You can get them from here. Just select your OS from the dropdown menu.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/

dadasmithywinkl
Level 7
It keeps stopping the install and giving me the "Please connect the ROG Front Base for firmware and software installation or update" error. How can I fix this?

YouWhat
Level 9
I read somewhere there is a little trick to fix this issue, plug in the USB Q-Connector thing for flashing the Front Base firmware, and plug into the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard, boot up your computer and install drivers, then once they installed, remove the q-connector and plug into the ROG_EXT header.