cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH subwoofer problems on Win 8.1 x64

Gericop
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I love my G750JH except the audio drivers(?). A month ago after some Windows updates the subwoofer stopped working. Whatever I selected in the Audio Manager, the sub had no sounds. MaxxAudio was set to off as I prefer the sounds that way. I thought it was the nVIDIA driver because at the affected programs / drivers part in the recovery panel there were some updates and HD Audio installs. Did the recovery, nothing changed, uninstalled the Realtek driver, uninstalled the video driver tried everything in a lots of combination and somehow managed to make the subs work again. It was fine until today. I put my notebook to sleep mode and when I opened it up, the subs were not working anymore. After some googling I found THIS thread. Downloaded the given driver, nothing has changed. Tried even some newer drivers, like the 7255, with no success.

I did not upgrade to 8.1, I've had it since the beginning. It's a Windows 8.1 N Pro x64. I would appreciate some help as I have no idea what I should do. I could try the "uninstall basically everything" again but I don't want to do that every time there's an upgrade and / or I restart my computer.
(Note restart as shutting down the standard way is not the usual shutdown procedure. However, I don't know why the sleep mode did this again.)

Does anyone know anything about this problem?
7 REPLIES 7

Gericop
Level 7
Okay, I did solve the problem for the time being but still really unpleasant that sometimes I have to do this.

Here are the steps I did:
- uninstall the old driver via the device manager (WIN+X -> Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> Realtek High Definition Audio -> right click -> Uninstall; make sure you check "Delete the driver software for this device.")
- restart the computer
- delete the following folders: C:\Program Files\Realtek and C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek
- restart again (not really necessary but recommended)
- install the same version of the driver that worked before (.7095 for me)

After this I left the notebook resting for a while with DC disconnected and battery removed to make sure that anything left in the RAM and CPU caches goes away (this is a serious thing, not some made of BS) and voilá, suddenly it's working again. I'm not sure which step was the key to success but if you have the same problem, you can try this.

Gericop wrote:
Okay, I did solve the problem for the time being but still really unpleasant that sometimes I have to do this.

Here are the steps I did:
- uninstall the old driver via the device manager (WIN+X -> Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> Realtek High Definition Audio -> right click -> Uninstall; make sure you check "Delete the driver software for this device.")
- restart the computer
- delete the following folders: C:\Program Files\Realtek and C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek
- restart again (not really necessary but recommended)
- install the same version of the driver that worked before (.7095 for me)

After this I left the notebook resting for a while with DC disconnected and battery removed to make sure that anything left in the RAM and CPU caches goes away (this is a serious thing, not some made of BS) and voilá, suddenly it's working again. I'm not sure which step was the key to success but if you have the same problem, you can try this.

Thanks man, but it was already balance, I personally think that the placement of the subwofer makes it sound kinda a little unbalance. Sorry for invading your thread Gericop.

LeonardoTan
Level 7
my left speaker sounds louder than the right one, anyone have a solution for this?

LeonardoTan wrote:
my left speaker sounds louder than the right one, anyone have a solution for this?

The balance maybe? Check it in the Realtek HD Audio Manager or follow these steps:
- right click on the speaker icon on the tray's right side
- choose Playback devices
- right click on the "Speakers" where it says Realtek High Definition Audio (also should indicate this as a Default Device)
- select Properties
- in the new window select the Levels tab
- Realtek HD Audio output -> Balance button
- also there's the Front at the bottom of the window, check the balance there as well

xdon82
Level 7
here you have very good test on YT - dont forget to change quality to 1080p. Subwoofer should works on the each channel and only itself on the LFE channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TdLTe_yckY
more simple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rlnp7wRnKs

about balance settings in Windows ... I don't know how it works, but on this test I hear subwoofer on the each channel, but when I change in the audio windows settings for the only right or only left for subwoofer I cant hear it on the left 😉 magic 😛

I assume I have 100% OK subwoofer or the port - few times I pull the device when I pick my laptop up 😉 You can check also ' cause its interesting and tell if physically your subwoofer only works on the right channel, but generally on the both 😛

subwoofer plug has 3 sections:
+ , - and signal [right channel] ? or other configuration ? but I can't imagine what could be else
perhaps +, - and signal right + left - but what I know about audio devices.. two channels should not be mixed physically
I think it good to know how it works when it comes to test it

PS If you think that it's something connected with power options, try to uninstall Powerg4Gear - it's strange application for me, kinda unfinished
another possibility if the plug has + and - ...one of the stick could bent and there is no connection. This plug is bad.. not good solution. for example it could happened when you picked your laptop up [is it correct in english ?] and pulled the device - too much force and something could broken- but it is less likely

There's no physical problem as I can make it work by reinstalling drivers and stuff so it must be a configuration issue.
Regarding the +/- and mixing channels as you said, that's not the way this works. The Realtek driver works as a 2.1 driver, thus, the subwoofer is the .1. There's no mixing of + with + and others, it's +/- as well as the other speakers, the difference is that this one gets the low frequencies only via the driver.

xdon82
Level 7
other speakers has only 2 wires, this subwoofer has 3...so I think it's a little different thing. So what is 3rd wire for ? 3 sections in the plug

I think Realtek driver use somehow right channel for subwoofer ... I can;t explain why there is no sound in the sub on the left channel

and yes asus cant write drivers 😉 50% of asus drivers are ***** 🙂