cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme 12 GB Mem only 6 Showing

Ashton_Scott
Level 7
Hello, Longtime ASUS Fan. First ROG posting.

I'm upgrading from my Rampage III Extreme to my IV and I opted (temporarily) to use the triple buffer ram from the III, I followed the diagram in the manual for using 6 stick of ram, but I only get 6 gigs of otherwise fine operating ram. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on how to sell my un-overclocked III with i7 950? I don't see a sellers board hear and don't want to use ebay and craigslist has been a bust. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I should have posted the memory is from the previous Rampage III and worked fine and is Corsair Vengence and is cleared for this board. I also followed the diagram in the manual for 12 sticks.
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
This forum does not have a classifieds section, you will have to find some local US forum that does. I am based in the UK so not familiar with the US forums.

Please check that each of the sticks is working in your new system. Test one stick at a time. I guess you have done this but hey no harm in stating again just in case.

Once you are sure each stick is working then test each memory slot with a known working stick of memory.

Will check back in a few hours.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
My RIVE never ran my triple channel RAM without problems and in general X79 does not do mixed kits well so if that is two kits of triple channel RAM mixed then.....err....I wish you luck! 😮