cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

factory reset G750 problems windows 8.1

daveym
Level 7
Hi all,

I bought a G750 a while ago and now I want to reset my laptop to factory settings so all the crap that's on my laptop will be gone.
To be sure I made an image of my laptop (with windows) when I first booted and I've used ASUS Backtracker to backup my recovery partition as well.
When I tried to place back my image it said it couldn't put it back because now I have a different windows version. I presume that's because my laptop updated to windows 8.1.

Then I tried windows factory reset, but it gives another error, saying that a required partition is missing (I didn't delete the recovery partition).

I don't know what to do, does someone know a solution?? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

hmscott
Level 12
daveym wrote:
Hi all,

I bought a G750 a while ago and now I want to reset my laptop to factory settings so all the crap that's on my laptop will be gone.
To be sure I made an image of my laptop (with windows) when I first booted and I've used ASUS Backtracker to backup my recovery partition as well.
When I tried to place back my image it said it couldn't put it back because now I have a different windows version. I presume that's because my laptop updated to windows 8.1.

Then I tried windows factory reset, but it gives another error, saying that a required partition is missing (I didn't delete the recovery partition).

I don't know what to do, does someone know a solution?? Thanks.

daveym, you are supposed to boot on the Flash drive that Asus Backtracker created, and do a restore from it to your laptop. Be sure to back up all your data from the boot drive, and either pull the 2nd bay drive or back it up to an external drive as both Bay drives will be re-partitioned and re-created by the Asus Backtracker Restore.

daveym
Level 7
Hi hmscott, Thank you very much for your response. I will backup my second hdd and will try it out!

daveym
Level 7
Just tot let you know, it worked like a charm!
Thank you once again hmscott!