cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS won't allow me to change boot order

MagneTismen
Level 7
So I recently bought a ROG G750JM because my old laptop gave up a few days ago. Since I'm on a strict budget and most of the parts in my old one still work (except for the motherboard) I choose this one instead of others with better hardware spec.

This particular model has a 1 TB HDD drive with the OS installed on it. On my old laptop I had added a 256 MB SSD disk for the OS and other programs and since this one is still under warranty from the supplier I wanted to put this one in my new ROG (I really liked having my OS and programs on an SSD). The problem here is that if I want to run the OS from that particular disk I have to change the boot order. When I get into the boot menu (UEFI BIOS) I can only choose which EFI file I want to run from. I've tried selecting the ones that are available but none of them works. I'm not even allowed to select if I want to boot from CD/DVD/USB/Second Disk or anything.

I don't really know how to proceed from here. Is it possible to change the boot order on a ROG, and if so, how do I do it? Last time I did this on a computer you could select which drive you wanted to boot from, but that option seems to be removed here.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

dugdug1983
Level 7
I have found a nifty video for you if your doing a windows 8.1 clean install and trying to change the bios boot order.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM9UyNcSEU0

Thank you for posting this! This was exactly what I was looking for 🙂