cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G56 back cover easily dented, be careful!

xdon82
Level 7
..and happened

dent in my back cover . I dropped pliers on my closed laptop and now, there is very bad dent

The new cover in service costs a lot...
Be careful 🙂 it looks nice, but it's very easy to damage

I cantt try to repair it myself becase I will lose warranty

generally I'm angry at myself...but I think many people will have this problem. This very thin cover based on alluminium is too "sensitive" to external forces
9 REPLIES 9

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
You think many people will drop pliers on their laptop? 😛

All joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about that. When you spend a lot of money on a machine, a lot is expected from it. The construction quality on laptops can only endure so much, regardless of the material.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
You think many people will drop pliers on their laptop? 😛

All joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about that. When you spend a lot of money on a machine, a lot is expected from it. The construction quality on laptops can only endure so much, regardless of the material.

I've dropped pliers onto mine TWICE, Prostar. ;d

Long Nose ones, too. :'c

Darnassus wrote:
I've dropped pliers onto mine TWICE, Prostar. ;d Long Nose ones, too. :'c

Darnassus, that's why I don't hold tools over my laptop, and I keep my mouth shut - drool is conductive! 😉

Come in from the side at a low altitude, and angle in, don't come in directly. I am actually serious, you have to build up awareness and skills to avoid high altitude tool drops - to reduce damage. Coming in on the shortest path helps too, don't cross over something delicate on the way to some that needs a wrench.

I haven't dropped a tool in / on a project since I was this tall ---< 🙂

Darnassus
Status Under Review
It fell off my bed since I have my compy on the ground, dummy. >xc

Darnassus wrote:

🙂 ---> My compy don't have a nick/dent in it smarty 🙂

Darnassus wrote:

Darnassus, don't call yourself a dummy, you'll learn 🙂

Keep your toys off the ground, pick up after yourself, and don't run with scissors - unless it is a running with scissors contest...

I keep my tools on the bed too, but I keep my electronics off the floor.

xdon82
Level 7
I dropped many times something on my previous laptops - more often external power supply ...and plastic material more often could bear it.. this is alluminum... I had already a very very little dent one week after I bought this new laptop I accidently dropped plug of the powwer suply while I was packing, hurrying

this is alluminium..every time you hit it [not strong] every once you get a little dent

By the way I'm now oversensitive after it happened 🙂 I can hear now something like "going"electric current inside main chassis [not lcd]...it's very quiet, but when I put my head very close the chassis I hear kinda loudly

is it normal ? 🙂

Darnassus: You keep your tools in the bed 😛 ?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
xdon82 wrote:
Darnassus: You keep your tools in the bed 😛 ?

Yes :'c .. I love my tools..

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Worst thing I've done is as I was pulling out a USB mouse, I pulled the cord with me as I got up to leave and it lashed against the screen, leaving a big black blotch on the LCD. :'c

..... thankfully it was on a school computer in year 8. ;3