cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh install, NOT with Asus BLOATware...

kaltoreth
Level 8
Ahoy, ya weird walkin' wollies.

Id like to reinstall my G750 JM with a fresh Windows 8.1 .. But i refuse to use the reovery partition stuff .. Id like a fresh intall without the bloatware.. So a fresh install, pure Windows ...

Where can I get a genuine windows 8.1 and install ? With UEFI my key/serial is embedded .. so 🙂

Hope I made myself understandable .. English is not my strong side hehe ..
Everybody remember where we parked.
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.
19 REPLIES 19

kaltoreth
Level 8
Sorry, meant where can i download a real windows 8.1 "dvd" wtih I can use the embedded serial in my UEFI 🙂

(WTB better grammar / english)
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

Detection
Level 10
You could try this
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

But you'll need to know your product key

Otherwise, check out MyDigitalLife forums for a genuine ISO
MOBO - Crosshair V Formula
CPU - AMD FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz
COOLER - Corsair H100i / MX-4
RAM - 12GB G.Skill RIPJAWS X @ 2133MHz
GPU - XFX R9 295X2 8GB
HDD - 2TB Seagate
PSU - Corsair TX950W
CASE - Coolermaster HAF 922
OS - Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Detection wrote:
You could try this
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

But you'll need to know your product key

Otherwise, check out MyDigitalLife forums for a genuine ISO

Can't you link it? x'{

I've been trying to pull this answer for ages, yet it's never simple.

We need something of:

1: Download location of ISO

2: How to burn it properly onto a disc

3: How to grab your product key

4: Ensure if it works for 8 or 8.1

5: ???

6: Bumble Bee

7: Profit.

Gericop
Level 7
How about PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Recovery -> "Remove everything and reinstall Windows"? (o press WIN + Q and type Recovery options) I don't know if it's gonna remove all the bloatware, but you could give it a shot. (NOTE that it does remove all your files as well, so be careful and create backup!)

Gericop wrote:
How about PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Recovery -> "Remove everything and reinstall Windows"? (o press WIN + Q and type Recovery options) I don't know if it's gonna remove all the bloatware, but you could give it a shot. (NOTE that it does remove all your files as well, so be careful and create backup!)
Agree with this also.

Maxter
Level 9
There is not really that much bloatware with the G750... nothing that the uninstall cannot do (I think I only uninstalled a couple programs only). G750 comes pretty clean (at least the JW)

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Maxter wrote:
There is not really that much bloatware with the G750... nothing that the uninstall cannot do (I think I only uninstalled a couple programs only). G750 comes pretty clean (at least the JW)

The G750 has an SSD (unless he doesn't have one) making it practically negligible if the unit has bloatware or not..

But the thing is.... who the hellfire needs;

Asus; Screen Saver, Gaming Mouse, WebStorage, Vibe, DVD and so on and so forth..

There was other stuff I dropped too, I can't remember what it was.. I think Norton came on my machine. ':f

There's probably lots of other junk in here that we don't need.. or have a better alternative program. This is a gaming unit after-all.. and it's most likely the user purchasing it knows what stuff like Daemon Tools and VLC is..

At least there's no annoying help client like HP Total Care..

kaltoreth
Level 8
Yeah - I reccon the bloatware dont really do anything to performance or what not.

But I've always been a bit nerdy when it comes to what I want installed on my computer. A fresh install gives you full control. And even tho uninstalling something removes the program, stuff still lingers in registry etc 🙂

Im gonna try the reinstall option via windows later today, ill get back to ya'll if it works as theorized.

kaltoreth
Level 8
Bleh - No go. Trying to reinstall via Windows it claims im missing files, that are in the recovery media or on the Windows 8.1 media (dvd).