cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2560x1440 ?

Heini
Level 11
Got quantity next is quality! I've been using a VG278HE happily but now I may want more detail in the pic. Is there anything in the 27" 2560x1440 market that offers more bang for the buck than the PB278Q? Only games I play are slow moving games like Hitman.
10 REPLIES 10

MeanMachine
Level 13
Heini wrote:
Got quantity next is quality! I've been using a VG278HE happily but now I may want more detail in the pic. Is there anything in the 27" 2560x1440 market that offers more bang for the buck than the PB278Q? Only games I play are slow moving games like Hitman.

Doubtful Heini, If Its Bang for buck The PB278Q is a great monitor for gaming. I was also looking at the Samsung S27D590P for a little less and has a 5ms response.

You would have to pay a lot more for a Pro Video editing monitor that has better response or is overclock-able.
An example is the Eizo Ev2736W with a price tag of around $1100.

You get what you pay for and I could never justify that sort of expense on a single monitor.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thanks guys~ Got a PB278Q on the way. Don't know what '3 year rapid replacement' promotion is but it sounds cool.

v4p3rz
Level 7
Another option is to go into NVidia control panel/change resolution/click customize-will open another window/click on box- create custom resolution-opens new window/enter the resolution you want in the display mode section and click test. Your monitor will flash and if successful you will get a notification asking if you would like to keep the custom resolution. Click yes. Now in the list of resolutions your monitor supports, if the custom resolution was successful, it will appear in the list for you to select, do so and click apply and you have your 2560x1440.

I do this with a trio of benq gw2450 24" monitors for a combined resolution of 7680x1440, with a pair of evga gtx 660Ti's in SLI. But have recently returned to single monitor gaming with second monitor utilities with no third monitor.

Sorry no sig with system specs yet,
maximus vii hero z97, i7 4770k @4.4ghz with corsair h100I AIO LQS, 16 gb corsair vengeance @1866 mhz xmp, evga GeForce gtx 660Ti in 2 way SLI with corsair AIO LQS on znxt kraken g10 gpu brackets. Kingston hyperx 120gb ssd for OS Win7Pro 64 Bit, 240GB Kingston 240GB ssdnowv300 , 1tb wd black hdd , 1tb Seagate barracuda hdd

Grey_Templar
Level 7
Just a thought, you might need a color calibrator if you want accurate color on both displays.
CPU: i7 4790k
Motherboard: M7F
Video Card: MSI 780 Ti
Memory: 2x 8G G.SKILL TridentX 2400
SSD: Plextor m6e PCIe 256GB
HDD: Western Digital Black 4T
PSU: Corsair HX1050W
Case: NZXT Phantom 820
CPU Cooling: Corsair H110
Case Fan: 4x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850

Grey Templar wrote:
Just a thought, you might need a color calibrator if you want accurate color on both displays.

Thanks for reminding me. In research I saw the calibration could be a potential weekness so I'll check back to this thread for a reminder.

To v4p3rz: Will doing the same through Windows get the same result or must I use the nVidia panel?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I struggled to get my three screen calibrated and must say the money was well spent when I hired someone to do them.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Got the monitor today and not sure it's gonna be a keeper. I like the resolution, color, etc. but I I get the "swimming" sensation due to the 60hz. Had to eneble v-sync too.

Nate152
Hello Heini,

Could you describe the swimming effect a little more, I'm not sure I understand. I game at 60 hertz too and have to enable v-sync to not get the screen tear.

Are you referring to motion blur?