New ROGer Array

Question about CPU temps and what to do.

Hi.

I've recently experienced some overheating problem with my G750JX when moving over to an external monitor (a.k.a the laptop lid is closed). I experience shutdowns due to overheating when using/stressing the CPU to 100%, temps pending from 96 -98 degrees untill suddenly shutdown (guess it's because of a heatpeak at 100 deg.).
    With the lid open i still get temps pending in the same intervall even if the computer in this case "stays alive". When checking the temps it's clear it's just a single core that is going that high in temp (the highest the other three cores goes is 95, but thay are "relative cool" in comparing). As far as i can tell from monitors there is nothing wrong with the fans nether.

My questing is if this is "normal", my first feeling is that this should not be a normal state, and should not be ok as one of the biggest points of the ROG laptops is the "Super cooling system".
    Is it worth sending it in on a RMA? I've read alot about poeple getting there laptos back with a "it works just fine" and a nice bill to pay for ASUS testing them out without the heating problem being fixed (bacouse it is a problem).

I know I could always undervolt the CPU to gain a few degrees in the marginals, but I shouldt need to undervolt the CPU in order to gain a a working laptop when using it full out.

For stresstesing the CPU i have used Prime95. I can also add that my idle temp is around 50 degrees (ambient being 22 degrees and computer standing clear on a table).

I'm thankfull for all answers in the search for some knowledge

//

Max