cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does all the connections on your mouse side bother you? Also cleaning fans, how often

stoop14
Level 7
I was planning on getting a asus g750jz but after doing some searching I've read it's a total pain to clean the fans! After watching a video I must agree it looks like I would probably break something! How often do you need to clean your fans? Also I noticed the LAN and power are on the right side where my mouse would be, has anyone found this annoying and their hand hitting stuff sticking out? This stuff almost makes me want to look at the msi rig, with easy access to
Inners and all the connections are In the rear!
6 REPLIES 6

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Yeah I'd prefer the disk tray and two USB on the right, all the other stuff on the left. My extra screens on the left, my stereos on the left.. my routers on the left.. but all sockets are on the right of the laptop lol, its a nuisance.

I do my fans every 6 months. It wasn't too bad. Though you can't disassemble the fans down to just the fan itself off of the heat sink so you need a vacuum and some pipe cleaners.

Can't beat our superior cooling though and that's essential for a gaming laptop

How can i clean the Fans? Just use a Vacum Cleaner, and hold it some Seconds underneath the Notebook, there where the Fans are? :confused:

xdon82
Level 7
Danger: often it's enough. 3-4 times per year

dblkk
Level 7
best ways to clean fans, stick something small like paperclip in vent to make the fans stationary and not spin, then use a can of compressed air and blow into the vents. then id personally as soon as warranty is up and 1-2 year intervals take laptop apart and take fans out. clean with water and rag, let dry, repaste CPU/gpu, then reassemble

Dcite
Level 7
I thought the G750JZ fans don't have direct access to the fan blades themselves. Only the exit is visible at all. Every person's cleaning style is their own choice.. I would try to use a hand pump to loosen the dust first, then just briefly tap the vacuum at the vent to suck the dust out. Since if you just put the vacuum at the exit for a few seconds, there is a high chance the fan will exceed maximum speed. Assuming you clean it frequently enough, there shouldn't be enough time for large dust build-up to happen inside.

iChun
Level 8
Pertaining to the first question, yes it does bother me: https://twitter.com/ohaiiChun/status/479637123046191104

Though I rather some things be on the right.. A majority of those things currently on the right could be moved elsewhere.