cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game First III Problems on Maximus VII Hero

iamleap
Level 7
I am just posting this in the forum for anyone that seems to be having problems with their lan port. Having the Game First program running seems to kill network connectivity. This problem has happened on my first motherboard and my replacement and I have finally figured out the problem. I am waiting on Asus for an official response. Also when it is on and my network connection was working it would limit my bandwidth to whatever the settings was for the program (default 10mb/s up and down) because for some reason the speed test was not working for me. I hope this information is useful to anyone with this problem.

These problems were encountered on fresh installations of windows both times, with the lan driver working fine up until installing the rest of the software from the motherboard disk. The program would also cause my computer to lock up.
31 REPLIES 31

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you for the feedback, will pass this on to the guys in the white coats.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ratkay
Level 7
I also had this problem!
It took my computer about 2-5 minutes to get an IP adress when restarted even tho i put it as static in my router.
Uninstalled the game first program and then it worked like a charm. To bad! Seems like the thought of the app is good.

Note: Love the eth port even without the program tho, when downloading on a 100 mbit connection i get up to 130 mbit. My last setup was 1,05 max.
Also my ping is about 20 % lower then my last comp.
Computer hardware:
4790K - Intel | VII HERO - Asus | Main Disk: 250 GB SSD - Samsung 840 Evo |
16 GB RAM (4x4) - Corsair Vengence (Low Profile) | Propellerhead Balance (External Audio-card) |
Corsair HS50 - Liquid CPU Cooler | 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140 mm Fans |
2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM120 mm Fans | Windows 7 Pro x64 | NXZT H440 - Chassi |

Shingy
Level 7
Same issue with my Ranger motherboard. Had to uninstall it to be able to use the internet.

Same problem on M7H. Another computer (not networked) connected to the router worked fine. All I've done so far is to uninstall Game First to get that computer back on the internet.

iamleap
Level 7
Even without the program I still get poor network speeds. My normal download speed is about a max of 7.1 MB/s and I can normally achieve this speed downloading games from Steam, but with this motherboard the best it gets to is ~6.0 MB/s (With my old computer on average the speed would be at or around max, while with the Maximus VII Hero it's peak would be the 6.0 MB/s and it would go down from there). If I try to download any two or more things simultaneously my network connectivity also dies. At this point if I don't find a way to resolve my problems I'm just going to return the board for something else. The consumer shouldn't have to go to some much hassle to get their product to work the way it was intended.

Hello,

Same problem than Iamleap, i have a Ranger VII, and even without the program Game first.. with 100mbps internet conexion the speeds
are very poor.. can t resolve it, so i ll return

Highlanderix
Level 7
I also had some problems on my Maximus HERO VII. First, my external HDD was connected via the USB 3.0 port right next to the Ethernet port and I was transferring data at a rate of around 80-100 Mb/s, then very surprisingly I started to have some serious Internet connectivity problems = no Internet, corrupted downloaded files, pages not entirely loading. I'm using a cat6 2m Ethernet cable. I connected the HDD to the adjacent USB 3.0 port because I suspected some severe interference (apparently this is a known issue with the USB 3.0 interface) and then it all worked well.

Then the very same evening I had more connectivity issues. Pages were not loading but it was all fine on refresh. I wasn't sure what the origin was but when I saw that a simple torrent download was making the Game First III use 20-30% of my CPU (G3258), I had no other option but to hit the uninstall button.

Plus, perhaps off topic, one of the AI Suite processes (atkexcomsvc.exe) was going crazy on CPU usage yesterday - jumping from 5% to 50% CPU usage, back and forth. In addition the KeyBot feature isn't working with my G15 and I'm constantly asking myself how hard could it be to add support for a few more keyboards...but it's good to know that the SANYO SYKB-01U, a keyboard that costs 7€, is supported 😄

So frankly speaking I'm a bit disappointed with the software implementation...

Oh, wow.
I thought it was my clock problem causing this problem.
Recently I've had a similar problem finding an ip address, LAN worked tho. In other words; I lost the connection.. out of the blue, and couldn't find a new one.
I'll try to uninstall Game First

Asturbo
Level 7
I have other problem with GameFirst III V1.00.08.

When I install it, Nvida Geforce Experience control panel doesn't respond anymore. Stopping GameFirst Service or uninstalling it, GF Experience works again. Seems to be some incompatibity between both programs / services.